“One of Playa's best.”
Review of Mayan Bistro

Mayan Bistro
Ranked #79 of 1,425 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Escape the hustle and bustle of 5th Ave and dine with us in our beautiful gardens just a block off 5th Ave on 22nd. Our service is friendly and sincere while our cuisine is an international blend that reflects the diverse culinary backgrounds and experience of our chefs. We are sure you will love our food as much as we do!! Oh yeah we also have the biggest wine pour in all of Playa!!
Reviewed February 18, 2014

The servers and chef's collectively do a great job delivering great cuisine that is consistently delicious. The drinks are also some of the best.

Reviewed February 14, 2014

I went there with my dad for the third time this evening. We sat down in their lovely garden, got recognized by the waitor Nicolas and the waitress Gabby that welcomed us back. Last time I ate their special dish Shrimps in Tequila, which was like a dream, just perfect. This time I tried their Beef covered with Béarnaise and Cheese mashed potatoes from their premium menu. It was cooked to perfection, nicely placed on the plate and served with love and passion. The only sad thing was that after eating I had no more room for desert, but I guess that's more my own problem. :)
After the dinner our waiter showed us around in the connected hotel, it's a really wonderful place to stay.
I highly recommend this restaurant, there is nothing negative at all. Nice and caring staff, they make you feel like a VIP from the first visit, great food and wonderful surroundings with low background music that makes it possible to talk and enjoy a great time.
And the price is really really good comparing to Sweden for this kind of great restaurant.
I will certainly come back here before I go home.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Aventura Mexicana Hotel, which is spectacular in itself and for which there is a separate review, it has an all inclusive VIP option for the Mayan Bistro which
is a part of the hotel, we opted for this and could not have made a better choice. Suffice it to say all meals, snacks, drinks etc. were included but we were not expecting the level of quality of the food itself and the service both of which were simple outstanding! After a few days we were on a first name basis with Chris, the general manager who made certain we had everything we needed and more and who has a most compelling life story to tell, all the wait staff: Candy, Sarah and Dora in the morning and afternoon, Jorge the bar keep and the evening staff Gabby and Nicolas all of whom were attentive, friendly and highly professional.

The menu is more than adequate and the food was always fresh, inspired and delicious. We ate
90% of our meals there and never had a disappointing plate or dish. The Mayan Salad with grilled shrimp was one of my favorites, the Chicken Mignon we discovered on our last night was something I wish we had tried earlier, the Guacamole and pico de gallo was fresh, the Crab Tostados we had more than once and the dishes with a variety of special sauces with your choice of sea food wrapped in banana leaves were excellent. Jorge came up with some most interesting cocktail creations apart from the regular tropical ones you would expect and we did sample!
Breakfast also was very good with many choices form light and healthy to American bacon and eggs and the fruit platters were again made up of ripe, fresh components: melon, pineapple, papaya etc..
The choice of inside / outside seating was a welcome treat and the tropical courtyard with the small pool, lighting and palm trees made dinning very romantic at night and also very pleasant during the day.
All in all the combination of the food, the staff and the setting made our experience one of the best, if not THE best we have had in our travels. Saying good bye to Chris and all the good people who served us so well, and in the end felt like friends, was not easy but we will certainly return without a doubt!
Highly recommend on all levels!

Reviewed February 9, 2014

It was part of the hotel we stayed at.We had 3 breakfast and 1 dinner here.
Very affordable and good food, the service was great.
We had the American breakfast all 3 times which was good to get our day started.
We had 1 dinner here. The crusted chicken was very good, the filet mignon melted in your mouth.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

The american breakfast served in the bistro was very very tasty!!!!!!!!! And the stuff - very friendly.