“Decent food & affordable prices”

La Patrona de Playa
Ranked #203 of 1,328 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I decided to try this place out after being thoroughly disappointed with another restaurant closer to my hotel. La Patrona is definitely what I would consider casual dining, but the food is honestly very well prepared. The staff is friendly and attentive even though its a self seat establishment (which perhaps is just the norm in Mexico) my table was always attended to within a few minutes of my sitting. I'd only gone to this restaurant for breakfast, but the first visit was so good I went back the next day. For 50 pesos I got fresh fruit, a Mexican omelette, and coffee (and good attitudes which is priceless first thing in the morning). I enjoyed the food and service and would recommend if you are trying to eat well on a budget.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Right across from the famous CoCo Bongo on 12th and 10th in Playa del Carmen Mexico is a nice little Mexican restaurant.. that has the best prices in the Mayan Riviera and it is so yummy!
I always go there for breakfast because you get fruit,juice coffee and and omelet for 59 pesos..plenty for refills and tortillas or bread too.
But the lunch yesterday arachera with cheese tacos i could have eaten 6 but i stopped at 3 were so tender and the special sauces so good you just want to graze!
beer and 3 tacos and chips for 8 USD.. where can you get that?
one block off of 5th avenue where you spend 25 USD for the same meal and it doesn't taste as good!

Reviewed November 17, 2013

The Tortas Al Pastor was hands down the best thing I have ever eaten in my life!!!! We were in Playa Del Carmen for 5 days and we had 4 meals at La Patrona. Not only was the food out of this world, it was incredibly inexpensive campared to restaurants on the main drag (5th) La Patrona was off the beaten path but walking distance and well worth the walk!!! Playa was not my favorite vacation spot but I would go back just to eat at La Patrona. Our trip was 5 months ago and I still can't get that sandwich off my mind.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

right on 10th avenue and 12 st, great local restaurant with really good local food...famous for tacos pastor

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

This place hits the spot. It's really inexpensive compared to other places in Playa. Great food. Get at least one gringas taco!