“When you are in Playa this restaurant is a MUST!!!!!”

La Patrona de Playa
Ranked #225 of 1,236 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Denver
“When you are in Playa this restaurant is a MUST!!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

My family and I just returned from a week in the most beautiful place in the world, Playa Del Carmen! I have been to Playa 4 times in the past 2 years, and every time I come I have to come to La Patrona because they have the best food, and service in Playa! La Patrona is right across the street from Coco Bongo, so if you go at night you get to watch all the people going to the clubs and just enjoying the streets in Mexico. The service is top notch, and the people there are very nice. The prices are very very resonable too. Trying the Queso Chicharron is a MUST, because it is soooo delicious! You also must try the Tacos al Pastor that are to die for! I have never ever eaten tacos this good in my life! They also have homemade Horchata, which my kids and I loved so much! The restaurant also has cheap Coronas, and the BEST homemade Pina Coloada's with/without alchohol. My kids and I loved this restaurant so much even though we were staying at an all-inclusive resort we had to visit la Patrona 3 times! This has been the case each, and every time we are in Playa. So if you are lucky enough to travel there you need to make visiting this restaurat a priority, and eat a taco for me too! :-)

• Visited July 2012

• Polish first
  • Slovak first
“Even the kids loved it.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

Ate here four times in six days. Had the flank steak tacos each time. Couldn't get enough of them.

Shared the Mexican tacos with my son (delicious but big hunks of pork fat throughout). Tortilla soup was also excellent. And best of all, nothing over 8 dollars American.

Omaha, NE
“Great prices, food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

After a long wet day tour we were wandering down 10th Avenue looking for a dinner stop. Their menu board listed several soups, just what I wanted. Once seated I instead decided to try taco pastor. That is the cone of meat you see hanging and being roasted at many restaurants. It was so good that one was not enough, I had to order another. My husband had alambres con arrachera. It was delicious and plenty to eat. With beverages our check was about $10. Great prices, food and service.

We visit Playa del Carmen yearly and discovered this restaurant in 2011. It is a must stop for lunch or dinner several times during our stay. Everything we have tried has been delicious and the service always fast and attentive. I still haven't tried the soup, guess I will have to go back again.

• Visited February 2012
“Good taco place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

The food was so good, We tried the fajitas and the Mexian taco.. The only thing I have complains to is the toilets, it hasnt been cleaned and there was flies:/

Canada
“We eat here several times every visit to Playa... Inexpensive and sooooo tasty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

The chicharron de queso (I think is is called crusty cheese in the appetizer section in the English menu) is life-changing. They put cheese on the flat-top grill, and melt it until it gets crispy. The shrimp soup is absolutely delicious... Think of a delicious broth with fresh tender shrimp that comes with avocado, cilantro and onions... I am often tempted to order two bowls every time we go. The pork chop (chuleta) tacos are wonderful, as are the tacos al pastor, and the cecina (dried beef that has been reconstituted... Basically concentrated beef flavor). We all ate until we were stuffed, has at least three beers each, and the cost with tip and taxes was 200 pesos (15 bucks). The grilled green onions as an appetizer are also great. Once you eat there, you will want to go back, no doubt.

• Visited March 2012