“Great prices, food and service”

La Patrona de Playa
Ranked #205 of 1,328 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2012

After a long wet day tour we were wandering down 10th Avenue looking for a dinner stop. Their menu board listed several soups, just what I wanted. Once seated I instead decided to try taco pastor. That is the cone of meat you see hanging and being roasted at many restaurants. It was so good that one was not enough, I had to order another. My husband had alambres con arrachera. It was delicious and plenty to eat. With beverages our check was about $10. Great prices, food and service.

We visit Playa del Carmen yearly and discovered this restaurant in 2011. It is a must stop for lunch or dinner several times during our stay. Everything we have tried has been delicious and the service always fast and attentive. I still haven't tried the soup, guess I will have to go back again.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

The food was so good, We tried the fajitas and the Mexian taco.. The only thing I have complains to is the toilets, it hasnt been cleaned and there was flies:/

Reviewed March 2, 2012

The chicharron de queso (I think is is called crusty cheese in the appetizer section in the English menu) is life-changing. They put cheese on the flat-top grill, and melt it until it gets crispy. The shrimp soup is absolutely delicious... Think of a delicious broth with fresh tender shrimp that comes with avocado, cilantro and onions... I am often tempted to order two bowls every time we go. The pork chop (chuleta) tacos are wonderful, as are the tacos al pastor, and the cecina (dried beef that has been reconstituted... Basically concentrated beef flavor). We all ate until we were stuffed, has at least three beers each, and the cost with tip and taxes was 200 pesos (15 bucks). The grilled green onions as an appetizer are also great. Once you eat there, you will want to go back, no doubt.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

It's not easy to find the true taste of Mexico City's pastor tacos outside the capital, but this place nailed it. If you visit Playa del Carmen don't miss it.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

Real Mexican tacos like in Mexico City, by far best tacos in Playa del Carmen in the best location for a taqueria, just outside from the bars and night clubs (Coco Bongo). Also open for breakfast with the best prices less than 5dls you have coffee fruit, natural orange juIce and eggs. If you go to Playa this is a place to go