“Special Spot”

More attraction details
Owner description: Yoga Studio
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed June 25, 2014

Yoga by the Way is now "Yoga District" but just as good as before. The founder, Ellen, sold the studio to locals who renamed it Yoga District and they also studied from her so their style is similar. The class schedule is extensive, the teachers are passionate and it's yoga on a tropical, breezy rooftop with flowers and blue sky, so... pinch yourself.

+1: The location is very central, they don't charge for mat rental, they give you free sweat towels, they have a tiny boutique with a selection of any necessities, it's upstairs from the best natural foods/products store in Playa and it's upstairs from a really great vegetarian restaurant. Also, the teachers are down to earth and not pretentious at all. Bilingual also.

Tips: You can get a schedule from the eco-laundry downstairs as sometimes the website isn't updated. There are various packages you can get

Cash only

7  Thank kdubb314
There are newer reviews for Yoga By the Way - Private Lessons

Reviewed April 27, 2014

As someone with a regular yoga practice, I felt that the studio and teacher provided a great level for a vacation yoga practice. While not the most challenging, the instructor allowed for you to explore your own limits. The class was given in both English and Spanish which was helpful and appreciated. The instructor guided the practice with great flow and I left feeling refreshed! All in all, an experience worth repeating!

2  Thank LauraBkliger
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Sure had a lot of fun doing yoga at Yoga by the Way last month. Great time! It's a little hot up there, so get ready to sweat. Bring some water!

1  Thank Dianne2005
Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stopped by Yoga by the Way while in Playa, only being able to do 2 sessions. Each of these, and especially Ellen's, were exactly what I was dreaming about yoga to be: challenging, accessible, encompassing, strengthening, relaxing... Ellen is able to keep you at your limits - giving the maximum but never pushing you where it wouldn't make sense anymore. You'll leave in a good mood, feeling great and tired and... zen.

I hope I'll able to find teachers as good as Helen now that I'm back home...

1  Thank Noctanet
Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband attended his first yoga class ever here. He loved it, did very well, appreciated the adjustments, careful instruction and choreography . I have been practicing for many years and also loved her instruction. Ellen is funny and very engaging. She truly understands how to run a class full of different levels so do not let that unknown stop you from going. I also learned a few things to furthar my practice! One thing to note is that it is an open air studio with no temperature control. This time of year, I found it just too hot and humid for me to practice. Although I didn't "loose my head" from the heat and was able to complete the class, I didn't return for this reason. That being said, Go anyway. I learned more from Ellen in one class than I have with others after months.