“Great first time dives in the Cenotes”
Review of Alux Diver

Alux Diver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Alux Diver specializes in cavern and cave diving in the wonderful cenotes throughout the Riviera Maya (Playa del Carmen, Puerto aventuras, Akumal and the Tulum area).Our objective is to share our passion of diving these amazing gifts of nature: cenotes, where you will find the most incredible limestone caves and caverns.We want to make your dive an unforgettable memory and make sure you'll have the best experience you can possibly have. Private tours available!
Malibu, California
“Great first time dives in the Cenotes”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Luis was a great cenotes guide to dive with. My wife and I really enjoyed our time there, it's an experience that we have always wanted to login to our scuba career. Luis was a really down to earth guy and made us feel safe & comfortable diving in the cenotes. He also accommodated our request for specific cenotes and was very knowledgeable & respectful. You have many choices on dive companies to go with in Playa Del Carmen, Luis was the most punctual guy I know in Mexico and accomodated all of our needs. Thanks Luis for a great time and good luck with the baby coming soon.

Visited February 2014

Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Alux Diver-great time!”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

My husband and I dove with Luis from Alux Diver in Feb 2014. We had a great experience! We dove the Cenote Choc Mool- it was beautiful and unlike anything we have ever done before. We are not super experienced divers and Luis made us feel very comfortable and safe. We were a little hesitant at first as our hotel was trying to scare us into using their dive company and said Alux Diver had not met their security standards...They were wrong! Alux Diver was great.

Visited February 2014
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Awesome with Luis!!!”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

My husband and I just returned from the riviera and did a cenote dive with Luis. It was incredible!!! Just the 3 of us which was nice. Most unique diving experience I have ever had, and Luis was so sweet! He was very funny and at the same time professional, made us feel very relaxed and comfortable. ASK FOR LUIS!!!! You will not be disappointed.

Visited January 2014
Denver, Colorado
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Cenote Diving in Mexico”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Thank you to Luis for taking us to Dos Ojos and guiding us through the cenote smoothly and safely. This was my husband and my second time diving with Alux Diver; the first time was just as wonderful as the second! Luis was patient, knowledgeable, professional, and personable. Keep up the good work, Alux Diver and Luis!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Tracy F
Scarsdale, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“EXCELLENT CENOTE DIVING WITH LUIS AT ALUX!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Just returned from the Riviera Maya on multi family vacation. E-Mailed Luis at Alux Divers prior to travel based upon referral from our hotel concierge. Louis' recommendation was to forgo the local reef diving and only do cenotes. I was skeptical but he was absolutely correct. I've been on many reef dives in my 25 years of diving but the 4 single tank cenote dives we did are amongst my favorites. My PADI Advanced Open Water certified 17 year old son also raved about the diving experience.

Luis picked us up at the hotel and made it all very easy. He was a warm and knowledgeable guide and we felt safe at all times. He did a safety orientation before every dive and fully checked our equipment (rental from Alux) before every dive once in the water.

The cenotes are an amazing natural environment not to be missed. I recommend Alux and Luis in particular over the dive operators prowling poolside at the hotels. If you are looking for a relaxed and extraordinary dive experience... this is the way to go.

Visited December 2013