“Out of this world experience!”
Review of Alux Diver

Alux Diver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Alux Diver specializes in cavern and cave diving in the wonderful cenotes throughout the Riviera Maya (Playa del Carmen, Puerto aventuras, Akumal and the Tulum area).Our objective is to share our passion of diving these amazing gifts of nature: cenotes, where you will find the most incredible limestone caves and caverns.We want to make your dive an unforgettable memory and make sure you'll have the best experience you can possibly have. Private tours available!
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Anyone and everyone who is a certified diver (with good buoyancy control) should definitely check out cenotes diving. It's so surreal and beautiful diving through flooded fresh/salt water caverns, past stalactite formations thousands of years old, and fossils of conches, corals, and sea urchins.

We went with Alux Divers and couldn't have been happier with our decision, given that on the first day, a fellow diver complained that his all-inclusive resort tried to charge him four times the price for the same two tank dives. On our second day, we met some disgruntled divers sitting at the mouth of the cavern because their guide, wanting to make some extra cash, brought two groups of divers and made them go in turns.

Our guide Luis, in comparison, was professional and friendly and safe. He even offered to standby the second day for another dive if our original plans for snorkeling with whale sharks fell through. Unfortunately, it did, due to inclement weather. But Luis was more than happy to pick us up at the last minute for another round of diving!

Thanks Luis, for the amazing dives we had!

2  Thank Agrainofsand

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We just got back from the Mayan Riviera, and I still can't believe we dove the Centoes Caverns! As spooky as cavern/cave diving seems, Luis made it an extremely relaxing & memorable experience. The things we saw, guidance we had and overall experience was second to none. We definitely will be going back to dive the caverns on the next trip down, and we'll do it with Luis @ Alux Divers. Thank you so much Luis!

Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife and I had a great time with AluxDiver - Alux picked us up early and off we went to the dive site - to dive the Cenotes. During the car ride, we asked every question we could think of similar to a three year old who just discovered his voice. Alux was great fun, answered all of our questions and made us feel very welcomed in Mexico.

Once we got out of the vehicle, Alux kicked in with the instructions. All scuba diver instructors should do this, but Alux took his time and with great patience tested our equipment. I have been on enough dives to realize the importance and humbled enough to value the importance of making sure everything is correct every time. The care he took especially when we submerged was perfect and set our minds at ease.

On the drive home, we were so excited about diving again the next day to a new site. Alux recommended another company who goes to Cozumel. He contacted them and helped us arrange everything. We met many nice people in Mexico and at least one person I would call friend. Thanks for the great trip - cheers Stephen and Liza!

1  Thank KumiteMonkey
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I've dived around the world and always pick the best operators I can find. Today I dived with Alux Diver and he absolutely lived up to his stellar reputation!

You know you are in good hands when the dive operator communicates as efficiently and effectively as Alex does. So I was not surprised that the dive experience was so good! He met me off the ferry from Cozumel, picked up the other diver and drove us (in a comfortable large mini-bus) to Chac-Mool, one of the famed cenotes (cavern dives). His pre-dive briefing was the best I've ever received - which was welcomed as I'd never dived in fresh water/sea water caverns before.

The dive location was splendid - enhanced by the fact that he knew it so well, knew just when to get there to avoid any crowds, and expertly guided us through the beautiful sites and the heliocline experience.

I recommend him without hesitation! He's a classy guy and runs a classy operation.

1  Thank roswellnosher
See more reviews
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Alex, I wanted to thank you for an amazing cavern dive experience. After reading so many reviews about dive masters in the Tulum and Playa area, I must admit I was pretty overwhelmed. But, the minute I started reading what most people had to say about you, I stopped looking any further. We were a bit nervous about cavern diving due to the different physical properties involved (fresh water and limited space and visibility). But, we felt very safe while diving with you because of the great rapport we established. From the moment I contacted you via email, I could tell you were a dependable person, and that is exactly what separates a great Dive Master form the rest. The briefing on the dive plan was very detailed! I appreciated you checking my equipment twice before submersion (in land and then again in the water). Your "tricks" about buoyancy made the dive 100 times more enjoyable. The sandwiches and water were much needed and appreciated. Thank you for the pick up service from our hotel. Overall, you were incredibly thorough and exactly what we needed to enjoy diving in such a unique environment!