“Simply the best!”
Review of Alux Diver

Alux Diver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Alux Diver specializes in cavern and cave diving in the wonderful cenotes throughout the Riviera Maya (Playa del Carmen, Puerto aventuras, Akumal and the Tulum area).Our objective is to share our passion of diving these amazing gifts of nature: cenotes, where you will find the most incredible limestone caves and caverns.We want to make your dive an unforgettable memory and make sure you'll have the best experience you can possibly have. Private tours available!
Houston, Texas, United States
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Simply the best!”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Alex, I wanted to thank you for an amazing cavern dive experience. After reading so many reviews about dive masters in the Tulum and Playa area, I must admit I was pretty overwhelmed. But, the minute I started reading what most people had to say about you, I stopped looking any further. We were a bit nervous about cavern diving due to the different physical properties involved (fresh water and limited space and visibility). But, we felt very safe while diving with you because of the great rapport we established. From the moment I contacted you via email, I could tell you were a dependable person, and that is exactly what separates a great Dive Master form the rest. The briefing on the dive plan was very detailed! I appreciated you checking my equipment twice before submersion (in land and then again in the water). Your "tricks" about buoyancy made the dive 100 times more enjoyable. The sandwiches and water were much needed and appreciated. Thank you for the pick up service from our hotel. Overall, you were incredibly thorough and exactly what we needed to enjoy diving in such a unique environment!

Visited January 2013

London, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“ALEX & CENOTES = WOW!”
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

Hey Alex
This is just a quick note to tell you (and all those TripAdvisor readers that will read this) just how happy I was to find you to guide me through my first cenote experience. Two dives each on Chak-Mool and Dos Ojos with you and I am sold on cenote diving with you! Great experience!! we will do it again, but next time with my boys! Gracias amigo! Jed

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Alux is an extremely professional diving instructor and highly experienced, competent cavern diving instructor. The Cenotes are truly beautiful and provide a wonderful introduction/ continuation to your cavern/cave diving experience. As a professional diver on holiday with friends, Alux provided great information and tips, creating a relaxed atmosphere that everyone enjoyed throughout the day and proved extremely patient and understanding with those unfamiliar with the experience of cavern diving. I would highly recommend 'Alux Diving' and look forward to diving in more cenotes with Alux in the future.

Visited October 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Amazing Diving Experience in the Cenotes with Alux”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

After our diving experience in Cozumel (previous trip in Mexico), my husband and I were really looking forward to diving in the Cenotes. We were impressed by the incredible beauty of the cavers in Chac Mool; absolutely breathtaking! Alex is a very safe and experienced DiveMaster; extremely professional. We had many other diving experiences in Thailand, Tunisia, etc., but would recommend diving in the Cenotes (with Alux Diving) to anyone who wish to live a different experience. Many thanks to Alex for these 2 unforgettable dives in Chac Mool!

Visited October 2012
San Diego
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Amazing Cave Diving with Alux!!!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We couldn't wait to go cenote diving again with Alux (we had done so in Nov. 2011). Alux is the best DiveMaster we have ever encountered. Alux is experienced, professional and full of good tips to help you have a great dive - you know you are in good hands with Alux! We went to Chac Mool and Dos Ojos and can't say enough positive things about our wonderful experience - THANK YOU ALUX for making our dives safe, amazing and memorable!!

Visited April 2012