“Great food, lots of fun!”

Epicurean Chef Services
Salt Lake City
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great food, lots of fun!”
Reviewed February 23, 2012

I contacted Carlos and Tani to obtain their services as a surprise for my sister. (She was surprised.) (Understatement.) Their responses to my emails were always prompt. (That’s a big deal for me.) I’m vegan and they offered several options for me to choose from. I went with the portabella mushroom fajitas, guacamole, and black bean soup. Being vegan I eat a lot of black bean soup and this was without a doubt the best I’d ever had. All the food was most EXCELLENT! Oh yeah, and the margaritas. (Even more EXCELLENT.) EVERYTHING is fresh including the lime juice for the margaritas. Carlos constantly tasted as he cooked. (Sign of a good chef.) Their last email arrived as I was walking out the door to fly to Mexico and I gave it a cursory glance. I read it after the fact and one of the things they ask you to do is wash your blender. I felt I had wasted 15 minutes of Carlos’ time as he scrubbed ours. He said blenders in condos are very scary and he didn’t even want to tell us some of the stuff he has found in them. So heads up, wash your blender before their arrival. All I can say is read the other 40 reviews and I agree with all of them. Epicurean Chef Services will be our new Mexico tradition for future visits.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Belleski

Calgary, Canada
“A wonderful evening with wonderful people!”
Reviewed February 18, 2012

Carlos and Tani, we have to say, the evening with you was spectacular. You truly put a delicious meal together for us and our friends. It was ALL OUT!!! Everything from the appy of homemade guacamole (awesome!), the soup and the salmon...best meal and evening we had our entire trip two week trip.
The Sangria was delicious (but careful...they go down fast and creep up on you!)

Thank you again for a great "moment in time". We hope our paths will cross again!

Kristal and Adam

Visited February 2012
Silver Spring, Maryland, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Absolutely a must-do!!!”
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Epicurean Chef services is a must-do!!!! They are so absolutely professional. The food is authentic and delicious. It's definitely worth the money. The sangria is the best I've tried in my entire life. The sopa azteca was just the right mixes of spices!!! It was the best part of the trip aside from the partying :)

Visited December 2011
1 Thank Brenda B
Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best meals we had in Playa del Carmen!”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

Carlos and Tani are fantastic! They obviously enjoy what they do, and they do it superbly. The food was completely authentic and really delicious, and Carlos does a great job explaining just what we are eating. We had them prepare three meals for us in one week, and each one was incredible. They were always right on time, brought everything they needed, and even stopped to pick up some wine for us on the way! We will definitely call them when we are in Playa del Carmen again.

Visited January 2012
3 Thank Caelin77381
Hilltown, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Highlight of our Vacation”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

My husband and I stayed at El Taj in Playa in November to celebrate our ten year anniversary and the meal that Carlos and Tani prepared for us for definitely the highlight of our trip.
We thought it might be a little awkward having someone we didn't know come in and cook for us but we had nothing to worry about. Carlos and Tani were friendly, professional and funny. The meal that they prepared for us was outstanding. We started with fresh pico and sangria then had the aztec soup and finally the T n T. We were stuffed during the soup course but we had to at least try the tinga tostadas and shrimp tacos before Carlos and Tani packaged up our leftovers. The tinga tostadas were my husband's favorite and the aztec soup was my favorite.
The experience and food were totally worth it. We're planning on taking our family with us to PDC this fall and we will definitely be calling Tani and Carlos to cook for us again.

Visited November 2011