Open today: 7:30 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Snorkling

We did a combo trip of fishing and snorkeling. Fishing was bad that day but the captain was an... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Pathfinder523587
Fishing With Ivan

I've been to Playa several times and have chartered Fishing with Ivan 5 times. All have been... read more

Reviewed February 25, 2019
Global563392

Recommended experiences in and around Playa del Carmen
from $450.00
from $138.99
from $89.99
More Info
All reviews mahi mahi mary sue hour trip caught barracuda amberjack indigo beach catch fish nice barracuda amber jack trigger fish white marlin ceviche these guys deck hand great morning great trip enjoyable trip
Reviewed September 2, 2016 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed in Playa Del Carmen last week and reserved a fishing tour online with Ivan a few months in advanced. This worked out better than expected! Crew was great,very nice and knowledgeable about the area. I would Definitely recommend booking your tour with Ivan.

Reviewed August 31, 2016 via mobile

This was awesome crew. Three hours into the trip we still had not caught anything so they decided to bottom fish and the captain caught a couple of small fish I got a little nausea so we headed back and Pepe kept baiting the lines and trying to catch something for us them it happened the crew went into high gear and caught appx a 40 lb Wahoo Fish. The crew was so excited they said it was rare to catch this type of fish and that some will come to just fish for that type of fish and never catch one. We were excited too! Our thanks to the crew who never stopped trying to catch us a fish and then to pull out a beauty and rarity like this was even better! We then went and they cooked our fish for us it was the best fish I've ever eaten! The crew was all around awesome The captain and Pepe were excellent guides!!! I had a great 50th Birthday at sea!!

1  Thank 937lanit
Reviewed August 29, 2016 via mobile

Had a great time with the family. The crew was great and made sure you were happy! They didn't mind going over the 4 hours we booked and never asked for extra cash. We chartered the boat for an excellent price for 3 adults and 3 kids!

Reviewed August 15, 2016

What a trip for 6 women from Chicago! I know the workers were a little leery when they first saw 6 girls get on the boat, little did they know what was in store with all of us. Pepe and Chino were the best captain and mate we ever could have asked for. Not even 10 minutes out of the dock and we caught our first fish!! A pretty decent sized Mahi Mahi. Pepe & Chino were great to talk to and made us feel like we have known them for years! The laughs and conversations just kept rolling in. If you're looking to snorkel during this trip you can do that too! They docked us in a shallow area where we got to swim and snorkel with hundreds of little fish under us! We also got to swim with STING RAYS!! What an experience to witness those beautiful animals in their natural habitat. We ended the tour by catching a barracuda. We couldn't have asked for a better 4 hours spent with better people. I highly recommend anyone that is going to Playa del Carmen / Riviera Maya area to stop by and ask for Pepe and Chino. You won't regret it.

2  Thank Eileen P
Reviewed August 13, 2016 via mobile

Great trip this morning for two Dads and teenage sons. The team are really helpful and informative when booking. Crew, boat, equipment and bait all good with plenty of soft drinks on board. No shortcuts, good long trip as advertised and a lovely Barracuda to top off the morning. Given cost of other activities in Playa I think this is great value and great fun!