I couldn't be more disgusted off with this dump if I tried. I booked in as my friends were getting married and a few of us from all over (Singapore, England, Canada, USA, Mexico) including the Bride and Groom were staying at this "hotel" and really I use the term "hotel" or "condohotel" as they put it VERY LOOSELY! Management and Staff are some of the most incompetent I've ever encountered. Please note that I go to Mexico approx every 3 months and I travel the world with work and pleasure and I have NEVER been more disgusted off with a "hotel" in all my travels.
To start with I stayed in the Luxury Suite. Sounds nice, but this is the only luxury suite in the world that has 2 single beds in it. Imagine that, you book a luxury suite and there are 2 single beds in the room, not even a double or a queen. Pathetic. Of course I arrived at 11am as the "hotel" was aware when I made the booking and PRE PAID for the room. It was not going to be ready until 3pm, which was actually 5pm. So I spent the afternoon at the pool drinking with my buddies I hadn't seen in a long time. Comes time to pay the bill, sorry - cannot sign drinks to the room, no credit cards excepted cash only. Now considering in Playa Del Carmen you can only get $3k pesos out once a day in the ATM's, and the bar bill came to $2800 pesos, not off to a great start considering I was then cashless until the next day (drink prices were ridiculously expensive - more expensive than Houston hotel prices).
I had an important package that was required for the pre-wedding party that I had couriered from a Mazatlan Distillery to the hotel. I had emailed the hotel and asked them to please sign for the package (no money was required, only sign and hold for my arrival). I was assured this would not be a problem and would be their pleasure to do so. The package arrived at the hotel twice on the 5th Feb, once on the 6th Feb and once on the 7th, the hotel REFUSED TO SIGN FOR IT! I needed it for my arrival on the 7th and the festivities that evening. Finally after back and forth with the unbelievably incompetent staff and management they got my package signed for and delivered to my room on the 8th (THE DAY AFTER I NEEDED IT!). I'm still seething with disgust for this place.
I have about 5 other stories to share about there being NO RESTAURANT, NO ROOM SERVICE, CHILDRENS BEDS in the Luxury Suite, Staff who don't know where rooms are located (big place, like a maze and NOT ONE SIGN TO POINT YOU IN THE DIRECTION OF ANY GIVEN ROOM!) 2 YAPPY Dogs that were living in the room next to mine that started humping and barking at 6:02 every morning, and stopped somewhere around 11pm at night so good luck trying to get a wink of sleep. So there was a lot and I mean a lot of walking down one wing of the hotel back to the other, back to another, back to yet another all on the recommendations of where the rooms were from the cleaning staff, maintenance and reception.
There are 2 reception areas, one in the "hotel" itself and another for the VIP (which apparently I was), the VIP reception area though is outside the property out on the street and next door to the property, so you'd have to leave the property to talk to reception who were more useless that 3 udders on a bull.
The one good thing though, the roof top terraces with the tiny plunge pools were great for the parties (if only we had the booze I had ordered instead of the crap we found on the streets).
I can't write anymore as my blood pressure is boiling. I'd recommend taking half of the money you were going to spend, give it to a an S+M expert and get a good drilling up your backside for an hour, and just stay at home because by the time you're done with this experience, the sensation will be similar! Sitting at home with the feeling of being drilled up the backside, sitting at home with no money or satisfaction at all from this "hotel". I hope they all get fired.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A door to modern luxury, The Thai is a high class condohotel where the sophistication of the Thai-Balinese spirit blends with the laid back soul of the Mexican Caribbean. The creative design of The Thai is constituted of a giant swimming pool, thatched roofs, Asian-fashion decor and outdoor pool fountains while built in commercial venues such as a restaurant and a fitness center added to the comfortable feel of the property. The magnificent suites of Aldea Thai integrate a great number of conveniences such as deluxe furnishings and hi-tech features. Facing the most notorious, sandy beach of Playa del Carmen, The Thai embraces stunning views of the Caribbean Sea and the fun environment of Mamitas Beach Club. All of what Aldea Thai has to offer will turn your vacation at the Riviera Maya into an unforgettable experience to enjoy the best of every world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aldea Thai Luxury Condohotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aldea Thai Luxury Condohotel Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Aldea Thai Luxury Condohotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico