We stayed here during the BPM Music Conference in January. The hotel is right on the beach, in the most happening part of town. The space is partly roof-top penthouses (some the hotel rents, some that are privately owned), suites, and regular hotel rooms.
We paid for a regular room, but due to hotel error, we were bumped to their sister hotel 10 minutes away, where they tried to upgrade us a master suite. The room was beautiful but we argued that we paid a premium for other location and all our our other friends where there. After about 30 minutes of arguing between both places, the GM for both hotels met us and found us a junior suite at the Aldea for no extra charge. Not a great start to the trip but they made us happy.
The hotel is Asian-themed; and it is very attractive and trendy. A pleasure to walk around the property and check out the architecture. The location really could not be any better if you are there with friends. Right next to Mamita's Beach Club, and the hotel pool area turns into "Kool Beach" during BPM. I'm not sure it's as appropriate for a family though it may be more tame outside of the music conference.
The negatives were that the front desk staff spoke very little to no English. I understand that the tourists are the ones in a different country, but most places I have been in Mexico the staff is at least conversational. You had to speak to management to effectively get your point across. The other was that the AC did not work properly for any of the 3 nights we where there. We called maintenance several times and they tried different things to get it to work better, to no avail. Luckily it was January and not super-hot; plus we spent very little time in the room. The private pool on the balcony was great though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A door to modern luxury, The Thai is a high class condohotel where the sophistication of the Thai-Balinese spirit blends with the laid back soul of the Mexican Caribbean. The creative design of The Thai is constituted of a giant swimming pool, thatched roofs, Asian-fashion decor and outdoor pool fountains while built in commercial venues such as a restaurant and a fitness center added to the comfortable feel of the property. The magnificent suites of Aldea Thai integrate a great number of conveniences such as deluxe furnishings and hi-tech features. Facing the most notorious, sandy beach of Playa del Carmen, The Thai embraces stunning views of the Caribbean Sea and the fun environment of Mamitas Beach Club. All of what Aldea Thai has to offer will turn your vacation at the Riviera Maya into an unforgettable experience to enjoy the best of every world. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Aldea Thai Luxury Condohotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aldea Thai Luxury Condohotel Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Aldea Thai Luxury Condohotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico