“Nice, Clean and Great Location”

Aldea Thai Luxury Condohotel
Ranked #186 of 213 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Reviewed December 14, 2011

Pros: Great Location, Kitchen, Services, Pool and access to Kool Beach Club
Cons: Overpriced, Loud during high season but Nice and Quiet during low season, it doesnt have a good restaurant or a food service what so ever, but it has an Oxxo (convenient store) a few steps away and a nice sea food restaurant in 1st floor... also its 1 block away from 5a ave wich is THE place to be in Playa del Carmen

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 5, 2011

I loved this property and have recommended it to all my friends and family. We were two young couples is our early 30's visiting for thanksgiving week. It has the best location in playa del carmen, this is THE location a few steps from Mamitas and Cool Beach Clubs great and big pool nice condos very clean, well maintained property, beautiful views of the ocean and beach, 5 min or less walk to 5ta avenida lots of bars restaurants and shops around, friendly staff, condos are modern spacious and nicely decorated super comfty beds and pillows kitchen has everything you need to cook, just excellent!!! Great value and great for groups or families even couples I would go back next year, best condo property around, ddfinitely stay here!!!

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Stayed here in Nov. 2011 and had a poor experience. It's rented out through Bric Vacation Rentals so we had to check in at a main location as they have many propeties in Playa. We were assigned a personal concierge who we could call anytime for anything. Sounded great but was very unreliable. We stayed in a Penthouse and expected as much. Our rooftop view to the ocean was great except the rooftop terrace next to us was very unkept. Moldy cusions pilled up and maintenence equiptment out. The entire complex had a worn feel to it. Lots of paint chipping and holes in the drywall. There was a dead bird by one of the main stairways that layed there for more than a day before one of the staff removed it. As we swam in the main pool, a broken fan repeatedly hit a nearby beam making a loud noise. That went on for hours. There was a broken light bulb by the only elevator. That took 5 phone calls and 2 trips to the front desk (3 days) to fix. We had a broken towel bar the first day. Hair dryer broken too. The shower set up was a joke. No curtain on a raised spa type shower so the floor got flooded the first day. We used a couple towels to clean it up but they were not replaced the following day because it's their policy to change towles on the 3rd day. We spent 4 nights in Tulum first so when we arrived in Playa we were nearly out of clean clothes. We were told they would set up a laundry service but we didn't get our clothes back until our final day in Playa. It was just one thing after another. Upon our return, I contacted the person who I booked the vacation with. I explained the situation and was told they would compensate me for all the problems we had. I never asked for compensation but it was offered. I just wanted them to know about our poor experience. I have yet to be contacted by their management for any sort of compensation or any sort of explanation or apology. I had high expectations from a property listed as a penthouse and told it was one of their best proprties. I was comletely let down. I would be very cautious if you book anything through Bric Vacation Properties.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2011

We rented condo 205, which I think is called Studio Patriza, through Teamoplaya, Vacation rentals and got a great deal for an 8 day stay in the beginning of August, after having lived in a more modest place in Tulum for a week, which of course has a certain effect on our evaluation and rating of the place.

We were asked to pay a rather big deposit which troubled me a little, but there was no problem at check out: We got our deposit back without any hassle.

The condo is huge and has a big bathroom with hair dryer and iron board, a well-equipped, totally new kitchen, a bedroom with a comfortable bed and finally a small, cosy balcony with partial ocean view. You can't sit on the balcony in the morning because it's way to hot (it's placed on the sunny side of the building), but that's really details. The furniture and chosen colours of the room are really appealing to the eye, and the same is the case for the rest of the building (the pool, reception, out door areas). On the downside you could say that the 'thai theme' is a bit unauthentic (I want to feel that I'm in Mexico : ) ) or at least unnecassary.

The location is great, although the beach in this part of Playa del carmen is a bit crowded and primarily filled with young partying people who wants to be seen - we are talking lots of silicone boobs and italian guys showing off ; ) Remember that you can use the sun beds on the beah for free, when living at Aldea Thai, and also you get a rather big discount on beverages and food at the nearest restaurant on the beach (can't remember the name, sorry), but you'll have to ask yourself to get the discount.

Overall a great experience with a luxury feel to it.

Room Tip: There are lots of people and vacation rental companies that rent out apartments in this place and th...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Tine_Babiarz
Reviewed September 22, 2011

Visited mexico this summer with my parents, we were looking for investment options for a vacation condo, 2nd home in the Mayan Riviera, after looking at many apts, condos and timeshares. We realized the best value we could find was fractional ownership. So we visited a few...the concept just seems much smarter than average timeshare. So we came across the perfect place and deal!

We fell in love with Aldea Thai immediately, an excellent program, very prestigious, exactly what I was looking for. Stunning interior, amazing decor, detail, quality and views, penthouse is very nice!!! Not to mention the private roof deck...private pool....what else can you ask for....im very impressed. Very upscale. And off course its the perfect location, has to be one of the best beach clubs and hottest beach ambiance i seen yet in all of Mexico. Our investment also allows us to visit similar private residence clubs all across the world,a fabulous collection of vacations I must admit, plus some very attractive cruises I planned anyway. extremely low maintenance fees!

Very excited to use my membership, its definitely the best value I came across so far.Looking forward to more great times in the riviera in the near future! Very Sweet! Purchased in July.
Im using my first week right now its my last day of my week. Sad to leave but excited to return in feb!

See you again very soon Aldea Thai...thank you to Anastasia for all the information on fractional ownership and for a very attractive offer! You were great! Will definitely enjoy this for a lifetime.
Highly recommended for a weekend stay or fractional ownership investment, you wont be disappointed.

Room Tip: penthouse is a must!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank 5starrr
Reviewed September 11, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel after trecking through Guatemala and low budget accomodation in Belize.

It has everything your could want, close to the beach, great staff, clean, kitchen facilities and great views of Playa.

If your heading to Playa dont hesitate to stay at this Hotel

Room Tip: ask for a room with a view out to the ocean
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank SthOz
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Me and my family went to Playa del Carmen for a week in early August, stayed at a small hotel on the 5th. We where invited to a sales presentation at aldea and bought one week in a 2br penthouse for every two years plus some gold crown weeks.
We ended up staying the las two nights of our trip in similar unit in aldea to check the place. It was great, the rooftop pools for the Penthouses are amazing!. Our sales guy was John, we understood everything and all seemed in place. I've seen some good or bad reviews here, perhaps some sale guys did not explain it well or with so much info going on it's easy to loose track.
My recommendation, ask every single doubt if you are buying, and double ask one of the legal girls they have on site. if it's on paper is true (no addendums) if it's not it probably isn't. Sales people always tend to be very enthusiastic.
We booked our week for december and looking forward to come back! :-).
For the Gold crown thing, we went online the places are not 5 star, rather more 4 star, and in some cases 5. Buy with so low prices, we'll probably use it to go to places like orlando or vegas where they have lots of inventory.
Anyways, We are ok with what we bough, we think is a good price for the quality of the place. Good luck to other

Room Tip: Penthouse units are definitely the best, they have their own pools!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family