“"Great place!!!"”

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Takeout
“"Great place!!!"”
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Best place where eat pizza and focaccia in Playa... Excellent for a fast food... Very lovely location and very nice friendly staff... Special thanks to Cristian, Simone and Franco... You' re the best!!! If you go in Playa you can't try bella vita food... And also most cold beer I drunk in Playa. Ciao ragazzi!!!

1 Thank Cusimano-Gaetano

“Mucha pizza!!!”
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Im in playa del carmen I went to playa mamitas and after 6 hours of amazing sun I was starving and the smell of pizza atract me wow I ate a fresh and delicious pizza well I got like 4 slices and tomorrow I will go again to try the lasagna I definitly recomend this place!!!

Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“Rave Reviews? Really??”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

This place looks like a fast food joint. But I was starving and I had in my head that this was a top restaurant in TA (currently 19th out of 276 and higher than pizzerias like Piola). So I picked up a slice of blue cheese and spinach. Totally agree with the earlier reviewer who coined this Lean Cuisine. The crust was made from inferior ingredients and had a texture like toast. The tomato sauce was completely tasteless. But for the blue cheese this pizza had no flavour at all.
I didn't try the calzone or the lasagna which people on this site rave about. But if they are made with the same Chef Boyardee sauce as the pizza then whats the point.
This might be an ok option for families with little children who need a quick fix of something bland close to the beach. But there are a lot of very high-quality italian restaurants and killer pizzas in Playa, of which this is not one. I just don't think this place deserves the rating that it has.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank Chula_Banana
Playa del Carmen, Mexico
“great focaccia”
Reviewed December 7, 2011

i really enjoyed my focaccia (i had the Simone Focaccia) nice place, nice music, just one block from mamita's, nice service.
pizza made by italians, what more can you ask for?

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank adriangarz
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fresh and delicious”
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I found this restaurant near playa mamitas, I ate pasta with white cream and it was delicious, the owners are really friendly and they said that everything (salads, pizza, pasta and desserts) is hand made.I also tried the pana cotta and it was sweet, fresh and delicious too. Don't forget to go to this place.

1 Thank Babisb