“Always wonderful...food...staff..meet new friends..prices are good”

Mom’s Bar and Restaurant
Ranked #240 of 1,313 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: American, German, International, Canadian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: MOM'S BAR & RESTAURANT is a place for the local Ex Pats living permanent in Playa del Carmen and steady repeat customers from North America and Europe who spend the winter here. Tourists are welcome. We are running a small operation with MOM'S Classics and add a few specials every week to keep it interesting. Most dinner specials run for 95 Pesos. We are open Monday to Friday from 4:00 pm till 11:00 pm. Our prices are moderate, the food is excellent, the drinks are strong and the service is personal.
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I eat here almost every week and I live in Playa del Carmen 10 months of the year.....always a Comfort Zone.....many regulars....easy to meet new friends.....
his Specials are wonderful ...Service is exceptional....You must try this place on your visit to Playa and see where the Residents and Regulars go.....
up North, my other home is Chicago.

Reviewed March 8, 2012

Open from 4 to 10 p.m.Monday thru Friday. We`ve eaten here every time we`ve visited Playa Del Carmen and have never been disappointed. Jurgen, the bar manager, and his staff are helpful, courteous, and above all, friendly. Great place to relax after a day at the beach or 5th Avenue.

Reviewed February 17, 2012

Not the fanciest place in town. But one of the best deals you can find. The service, the food and prices can't get much better than this. We'll keep coming back.

Reviewed February 12, 2012

I sometimes get a bit suspicious when all the reviews for a place are glowing accolades and none has so much as a critical comment so here is my 2 cents worth. I have dined at Mom's several times. First time I had the BBQ Baby-backs which were very good. Second time I had the burger. It was passable but no cigar. DAC has a better one. I also have ordered the chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and cream gravy. The breaded steak was heavy with grease and a meat cleaver would have been better then the knife for cutting the steak. As for the mashed and gravy, well I've tasted better library paste. I guess good Tex-Mex doesn't travel this far south.
I also have ordered a dish that the owner had the chutzpah to call Beef Stroganoff. It was a beef stroganoff wannabe that tasted like the guy used toothpaste instead of sour cream. If you want good beef stroganoff, don't come to Playa del Carmen; I know this little place in Kiev...,
If it's ambiance you seek, Mom's just might be the place for you. There are usually a few aging snowbirds and expats schmoozing cliquishly at the bar or playing penny-ante poker at a table by the kitchen.
You can also dine in an outside balcony with a spectacular view of 30th Avenue. That's some consolation if you can't get to beautiful downtown Burbank.
Oh! and one more thing. There is a free pool table where you can play to your heart's content. I even got hustled.
So by all means, give Mom's a try, just don't forget the bicarb.

3  Thank Maggie M
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Great food, dont let this place fool you, looks like a hole in the wall but ........... OMG amazing food, great service and even better prices...... The German Manager cooks all homemade food........... Don't miss out!!! Drinks are also a good price,, English is spoken and its a WONDERFUL place. FUN!!