“Out of this world good!”
Review of La Famiglia

La Famiglia
Ranked #46 of 1,637 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Italian restaurante with home made pasta and many options of pizza. you will feel like your home because your are our family and our Staff will do the best to enjoy the dinner with us. If you like the pasta, this is your home.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My partner and I were out for a stroll and happened upon this absolute gem of a restaurant. The host Giuseppe was beyond welcoming. His passion for food and service makes La Famiglia a must dine in Playa Del Carmen. Great wine selection, the fresh made pasta could go toe to toe with anyone’s Italian Nonna, and the desserts were blissfully perfect. We didn’t get to try the wood fired pizza...but there is always tomorrow!!!

1  Thank theboy4u
Write a reviewReviews (2,398)

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve been coming to Playa Del Carmen for 14 straight years and this restaurant has never disappointed. From the Fresh Caprese Salad, the homemade pastas, the amazing pizzas, and delicious seafoods, the owner Giuseppe and his staff seem to always outdo themselves. Giuseppe makes everyone feel welcome and special. There is a warm greeting when you enter, like seeing a close relative or friend.
We brought friends from New Jersey who always say they have the best pizza and Italian food where they live. Well not any more, they shared a mushroom pizza and the house special which was 6 fresh jumbo shrimp cooked scampi style with a large side of fettuccine arriabiata. It looked and smelled delicious and I stole a small taste and it tasted better then it looked. They are here for eight days and now want to go back at least 1 more time. I had the gnocchi and my wife had a delicious grouper.
I would definitely make a reservation and if you want a quieter spot ask for a table upstairs. The first floor is street level and can get noisy.

1  Thank klondike25
Reviewed January 6, 2020

This is the third year I am writing a review for La Famiglia. We continue to have an excellent experience every time we visit this restaurant. Everything we have tried on the menu is wonderful. We cannot say enough about how fun, attentive and engaging the staff is and we have a special fondness for Emir who we have "known" for several years.

Date of visit: December 2019
1  Thank NoraK22
Reviewed January 2, 2020

This restaurant is amazing. The food is the best Italian I’ve had since my last trip to Italy and it beat even some of the restaurants in Italy. The homemade pastas are awesome, the sauces are delicious, the pizza crust is perfect and the warm, friendly service is outstanding. My family joked we could fly to Mexico for great Italian food faster than going to Italy.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 1, 2020

Went for New Year’s dinner. It was phenomenal. I had fettuccine with shrimp. OMG delicious. My husband had the steak and he raved about it. Staff is exceptional here. Don’t miss out. Reservations strongly recommended.