“Lovely atmosphere, great food!”
Review of La Famiglia

La Famiglia
Ranked #16 of 1,312 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open: 5:00 p.M to 12:00 A.M
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We arrived at La Famiglia without a reservation but didn't have long to wait before we were shown upstairs to a table. Such a warm welcome, attentive staff made us comfortable. I ordered one of the specials, spaghetti vongole, as it is one of my favourite dishes. I wasn't disappointed! My husband would recommend the fettuccine with shrimp, mushrooms and cream.
This place is so deserving of its place in the Trip Advisor rankings.
Go and try it out, you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank jacqui b

Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

We are on day 3 of our week long trip in Playa. So far, have not been impressed with food here. However, I've concluded that the best food in Playa is off the main strip, which is 5th ave. Every place we eaten at on 5th has been just ok. None of it was bad but I don't get satisfied from eating unless it's goooooood food. That being said, tonight I'm satisfied. La familia has good food. My favorite was their gnocchi even though that is not the dish I ordered. The service was excellent. I recommend reservations as we were asked if we had one and they made it seem like we should have one but they were more than happy to accommodate us (family of four, two small children).

Also try the Kaxapa Factory for tasty authentic Venezuelan food.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Looking for something different after 2 weeks of Mexican food. Had tons of great reviews and they are well deserved. Will be back again

1  Thank DebbienKarl
Reviewed March 19, 2014

This place rocks, the food is awesome the service is amazing, the prices are very reasonable, my wife and I just had another terrific evening there last night, we tried the mushroom bruschetta...OMG where has that been all my life and we had a delicious Pizza and a great bottle of wine, funny thing is a group from California showed up at the next table and we got to talking they asked me if I had any suggestions well to see them enjoy their meal the way they did confirmed for me it is not just me...this place is world class!!!

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I'm so very happy to have read Trip Advisor on this one! The BEST Italian food I have had In Mexico and there are LOTS of Italian restaurants in Playa and Cancun. Make sure you get a reservation or ask to sit at the bar since this place is packed due to its INCREDIBLE food and the people who work there. Best Italian food I've had since I was in Rome. Pachetonne was a STEAL and the gnocchi "fatto a mano" were out of this world--fluffy and light! The handmade ravioli--to die for! ENJOY! Do not be fooled by other Italian restaurants and their "posh" atmosphere. This place takes the cake!

1  Thank Barbara H