“Best Italian place in Playa - take the Pasta!”
Review of La Famiglia

La Famiglia
Ranked #20 of 1,304 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Open: 5:00 p.M to 12:00 A.M
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My wife and I went there following some good reviews from Tripadvisor. and thank you tripadvisor for it!
The service is excellent, the pasta is amazing, so are the appetizers and the prices are very cheap. the place was so good we went the day after and had take-away to the hotel to enjoy again.
ohh, they don't have AC, but that's common in Playa. Also, the Pizza is not very recommended.

Enjoy!

There are newer reviews for La Famiglia

Reviewed October 10, 2013

We live in Playa part time, and thought we had our favourite pizza place chosen. It's currently closed for renovations so we found some place new. It's is now our go to pizza place. Huge pizzas, great prices, real ingredients, and great service. Our waitress spoke some English, but insisted on speaking English (as we do) during our visit.very cheap, great quality. I'm off to go get lunch right now :)

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Quaint and friendly authentic little "slice" of Italy off of the hustle and bustle of 5th ave. Great food and very reasonable pricing... Giant pizzas, ample pasta dishes and tasty sangria. You will love this place if you are a fan of great Italian food and friendly staff..

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Looks like a pizza & pasta shop but they served us the most delicious homemade linguine I'd ever ate. It's unpretentious with wooden tables & chairs and an upstairs veranda, where we ate.
We were totally amazed at the quality of the food. We had beef carpaccio and caprese salad for appetizers, my husband had Borracho (drunk) Grouper, fabulous flavor, cooked perfectly and served with homemade mashed potatoes and veggies. I had the homemade linguine with large shrimp and wild mushrooms in a perfect white sauce that clung to the linguine but wasn't excessive. The waitress had brought parmesan cheese to add but I didn't need to add a thing!!
Superb!! The kicker is that the whole meal with a bottle of wine was less than $60---

Reviewed September 29, 2013

My boyfriend and I had dinner here earlier today and really enjoyed our meal. We ordered bruschetta, pizza bolognese and fettuccini with shrimp and mushrooms. We thought the bruschetta was very good and would order the fettuccini dish again. The service was really good and would recommend eating upstairs over looking the street. Prices were reasonable and over all experience very enjoyable.