“Excellent!”

La Famiglia
Ranked #27 of 1,438 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Italian restaurante with home made pasta and many options of pizza. you will feel like your home because your are our family and our Staff will do the best to enjoy the dinner with us. If you like the pasta, this is your home.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We live in Playa del Carmen and we absolutely love La Familia. Their main dishes are fantastic, especially their fish dishes. However, my true love is their pizza!! They are huge and could easily feed 3 people. The staff is incredibly professional and very service focused. Can't recommend this restaurant enough!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,032)

Reviewed April 3, 2013

This was my favourite Italian in Playa! I loved their 4 cheese gnocchis and that they always served pizzas with spices and sauces! Its located close to 5th ave and Cocobongos! Friendly staff and good prices!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I read about this place here on tripadvisor and since we eat pretty much all Italian while we are in PDC, we decided to try it out! The restaurant is located on 10th and 10th in a very modern setting. There is a bar downstairs with a few tables and upstairs plenty of tables over looking 10th avenue! We were greeted by this great manager/host guy who was basically running the show and doing an amazing job! We sat upstairs, and I ordered a Cab-Merlot mix that was just wonderful! We started with a basket of bread, and chimichurri sauce to dip, wonderful! I then ordered the vegetarian ravioli and my boyfriend ordered the lasagna. This was the best Italian I have EVER ate in PDC. My ravioli was light weight with a delicious mushroom cream sauce, loaded with many mushrooms and you could actually taste the mushrooms in the sauce not just cheese and cream. The Ravioli were stuffed with spinach and ricotta and just fantastic. The lasagna was also fantastic, many claim to be the best in PDC and I would have to agree. The meat was cooked perfectly, and had the greatest taste to it, and you could actually taste the noodles, which I love, not too dry, not too watery! We loved this place so much, we returned again on our last night, because we noticed people ordering these giant pizzas! Seriously, they are huge, cheap, and melt in your mouth! We shared a pepperoni with 1/2 mushroom. Just perfect! I cannot wait to get back down to PDC, this will be our first stop!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Ravioli was amazing, lasagna was average. Rib-eye steak with peppercorn sauce was delicious too. Surprised at the quality of the beef. Brick oven pizzas smelled delicious but didn't try. Very hot restaurant downstairs (unless you are at the street side). Ask for a table upstairs, preferably by the railing. There are fans upstairs. Very reasonably priced as well. Top three for me in Playa del Carmen (La Parilla was #1, Xulum was #2 or 3).

Reviewed March 22, 2013

La Famiglia has serves some of the best pizza in Playa without a doubt. Having eaten in other Italian restaurants in town however; I wouldn't recommend going there for the pasta. While it is handmade, it's not very good.
As far as a pizza and beer joint, this ranks in the top 5 in Playa and the prices are fantastic! Paid 25 pesos (2.50 usd) for an enormous pizza (Fantastic hand-tossed, brick oven baked). It was delicious and the beer had ice crystals inside the bottle.
The proprieter is enthusiastic and happy to have patrons. The staff is friendly and attentive.