“Amazing Wedding Venue right on the beach”

Blue Venado Beach Club
Ranked #265 of 1,457 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Italian, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 25, 2015

My wife and I loved our wedding in late July at Blue Venado. Our wedding planner, Isabel, went above and beyond her duties to help us plan our wedding. She was in constant communication with planning leading up to the wedding and made our special day the best we could have hoped for.

At the venue, the jumbo shrimp and beef medallions were delicious. The mixed drinks were quite tasty as well. The wedding cake itself was also great. We even got a compliment on the cake from one of our guests who doesn't even like cake.

The DJ and lighted dance floor were a hit with the guests as well as ourselves. We were dancing for hours. It was also nice they had areas to relax for people that became tired.

Overall, my wife and I are very happy with our decision to select Blue Venado for our wedding venue.

2  Thank Mike W

Reviewed September 16, 2015

My now-husband and I were looking for a place to have a destination wedding in the Mayan Riviera. Our first thought was to do it at an all inclusive resort, but once we started looking at the add-on fees charged by hotels, wedding packages offered, and the fact that many of them would hold several wedding at the same time, with brides running into each other and anecdotes of the sort, the idea was immediately thrown out and we started looking around for an actual wedding venue.

We found Blue venado on the internet and inquired about costs, it turned out to be just as expensive as the hotels' estimates, but we got a lot more for our money. Just to make sure we made the right choice, and to scape the cold Minnesota weather for a few days, my parents flew into Playa del Carmen to see it and they loved it.

The Wedding coordinator for blue Venado, Norma Flores, was readily available to answer our questions, help us out with anything we needed and was very flexible with many of the requests we made. We ended up hiring a wedding planner for the who did a great job but was rather demanding, and still, Norma worked with her to get everything set-up how we wanted it and the wedding turned out out to be beautiful and more than we could have dreamed of.

The food was really good but they do take a bit long to serve it. I thought it was no big deal because the reason behind the delay is that they cook it on the spot, which I prefer, but I know some people are a bit more finicky about that.

Just as we thought it couldn't get any better, we had the privilege of seeing turtles dig their nests and baby turtles be born right on site! our guests were so amazed.

Simply amazing!

Reviewed July 7, 2015 via mobile

The moment we arrived at Blue Venado we knew it had to be our wedding spot. It is like a scene out of a dream, and a hidden gem just South of the Playa del Carmen area. It is truly one of the most beautiful spots we've encountered, surrounded by an incredible eco park and miles of beautiful beach. We fell more in love with Blue Venado every time we visited, and it did not disappoint as our dream wedding destination. Our guests were absolutely blown away.

In comparison to the other, more touristy areas around Blue Venado, the prices are more than fair, and you get a much more intimate and private experience than anywhere else we visited. It was just us and our 75 guests having the best night of our lives-complete with an open bar until 2 a.m., which we no doubt took full advantage of.

The food is fabulous and the chef takes pride in producing beautiful and yummy meals. We had a wonderful cocktail hour, followed by a 3 course meal and then a taco bar at night-nobody went home hungry, that's for sure! The beach was the most beautiful spot to hold our ceremony, with the waves lightly crashing in the background, and the ocean breeze cooling everyone down. The palapa right next to the beach was the perfect spot to host our dinner and hours of dancing. The Blue Venado grounds are just picture perfect and breathtaking.

I didn't have a wedding planner, so as you can imagine it got overwhelming at times, but Sofia, my main contact at Blue Venado, was incredible at helping with every aspect every step of the way. Any question I had she was quick to answer, and she was so helpful at customizing our event to fit our personalities and making the event a night we will always cherish. The rest of the staff at Blue Venado were all fabulous, helpful, and super accommodating to us and our guests as well.

I feel that we were so lucky to discover Blue Venado, and would not hesitate to recommend it as THE SPOT to get married if you're looking for a beautiful beach wedding and a private experience for you and your guests. The venue is incredible, the workers are incredible, and the food was incredible. It truly was the best night of our lives.

2  Thank christinelydia
bluevenado, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Blue Venado Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2015

Hello!

Thank you for your comments, it was a pleasure to be at your wedding, and witness the joy and happiness that we all had.

Reviewed July 7, 2015

We were married at Blue Venado in November 2014 and we couldn’t be happier with the venue. We also worked with Dream Weddings Riviera Maya as our wedding planner and Sopia Garcia at Blue Venado. Dream Weddings worked in conjunction with Blue Venado to ensure it was our perfect day and everything was just how we wanted it.

It was no secret that Blue Venado is a beach club that is open to the public with land (ATV’s, horseback riding) and water (jet skiing, kite surfing, snorkeling) activities. Because of this, we decided to rent out the location for the day making it private for only our party.

We were provided a catalog of options (from food and drink to table arrangements to lighting, and music) that were available to us. We the assistance of our wedding planner, we were able to select what we felt was best for us. We had many discussions about the food and when the wedding planner didn’t have the answer, she consulted Blue Venado and together they were able to answer any questions I had.

Once we arrived in Mexico, we met with the wedding planner and Sophia Garcia at Blue Venado. We were given samples of food that was to be served and just treated fantastic. Both the wedding planner and Sophia were very easy to work with and both were extremely helpful to ensure everything was perfect and how we wanted it. Since we had come from California, it was a relief to meet them and physically see where the wedding would be and taste the food we would be having. We met with our planner (and Sophia Garcia) at Blue Venado a few days before the ceremony and tasted all the food. We were able to make changes so it was exactly how we wanted. The food was perfect and there was more than enough for everyone. We had a schedule of food servings and it went off without a problem.

On the day of the wedding, we were greeted by the planner and Sophia. Throughout the day, they were there for our every need. They were never hard to find, never complained, and without them, we would have been a stress case. The food was presented on schedule as planned and tasted as good as they day we sampled everything. There was no shortage of food and everyone left with a full stomach.

I couldn’t imagine doing this on our own. Without the assistance of the planner and Sophia, there is no way we could have done it. Our day was perfect and wouldn’t have been without their help.

1  Thank Tina M

Hello!

Reviewed July 7, 2015

I had wrote this review on other sites but after reading the review from the British lady down below, I felt that I had to come on here and give my two cents on our experience at BV.

We had our wedding in November at the Blue Venado and wow, what a dream wedding it was. I had read up on the beach club on the BDW and after speaking with Daymar and our wedding coordinator about the venue, we decided to proceed with booking it. I was a little nervous as there is not much information out there regarding BV but wow, let me tell you once we set foot there for our food tasting, we were speechless. It's a rather big open air palapa that is about 10 feet away from the ocean - just breathtaking. My husband and I were speechless. And we hadn't even tried the food yet! The food was astounding - we ended up going with the shrimp bisque, steak with foi gras sause & cheesecake for desert for our mains. Best food I have ever had. We had some picky guests but honestly, they still can't stop talking about how amazing the food was. We had some appetizers for cocktail hour - the blue cheese chicken was a major hit, we actually ended up going back there and the chef, Angel, specially prepared us some :)

As far as the wedding day went, everything was decorated beautifully. Joyce and Sofia understood our vision and then made it even more amazing. I was taken aback when my husband and I made our entrance into the palapa. Just gorgeous. The wait staff were so attentive & friendly, people didn't go long without a drink at all and any questions were answered promptly. I still can't believe how amazing of a day it was, just perfect in every way. If you are looking for a private venue that has amazing food, service and people, please consider Blue Venado! You will not regret it. My husband and I are both looking forward to returning for our 1 year anniversary in November. :)

It makes me sad that this lady chose to complain so much on here about the venue when it seems most of her issues were either minor or due to her wedding planner (going with the first one) and NOT the Blue Venado. Nothing is ever going to go perfect on your wedding day and one should expect that but to come on here and write a bad review for the Blue Venado when maybe it should of been directed to her wedding planner is just bad taste.

1  Thank Kozey11