“Awesome wedding venue and wonderful staff!”

Blue Venado Beach Club
Ranked #265 of 1,457 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Italian, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2015

We were married at Blue Venado in November 2014 and we couldn’t be happier with the venue. We also worked with Dream Weddings Riviera Maya as our wedding planner and Sopia Garcia at Blue Venado. Dream Weddings worked in conjunction with Blue Venado to ensure it was our perfect day and everything was just how we wanted it.

It was no secret that Blue Venado is a beach club that is open to the public with land (ATV’s, horseback riding) and water (jet skiing, kite surfing, snorkeling) activities. Because of this, we decided to rent out the location for the day making it private for only our party.

We were provided a catalog of options (from food and drink to table arrangements to lighting, and music) that were available to us. We the assistance of our wedding planner, we were able to select what we felt was best for us. We had many discussions about the food and when the wedding planner didn’t have the answer, she consulted Blue Venado and together they were able to answer any questions I had.

Once we arrived in Mexico, we met with the wedding planner and Sophia Garcia at Blue Venado. We were given samples of food that was to be served and just treated fantastic. Both the wedding planner and Sophia were very easy to work with and both were extremely helpful to ensure everything was perfect and how we wanted it. Since we had come from California, it was a relief to meet them and physically see where the wedding would be and taste the food we would be having. We met with our planner (and Sophia Garcia) at Blue Venado a few days before the ceremony and tasted all the food. We were able to make changes so it was exactly how we wanted. The food was perfect and there was more than enough for everyone. We had a schedule of food servings and it went off without a problem.

On the day of the wedding, we were greeted by the planner and Sophia. Throughout the day, they were there for our every need. They were never hard to find, never complained, and without them, we would have been a stress case. The food was presented on schedule as planned and tasted as good as they day we sampled everything. There was no shortage of food and everyone left with a full stomach.

I couldn’t imagine doing this on our own. Without the assistance of the planner and Sophia, there is no way we could have done it. Our day was perfect and wouldn’t have been without their help.

1  Thank Tina M
bluevenado, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Blue Venado Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2015

Hello!

Thank you for your comments, it was a pleasure to be at your wedding, and witness the joy and happiness that we all had.

Reviewed July 7, 2015

I had wrote this review on other sites but after reading the review from the British lady down below, I felt that I had to come on here and give my two cents on our experience at BV.

We had our wedding in November at the Blue Venado and wow, what a dream wedding it was. I had read up on the beach club on the BDW and after speaking with Daymar and our wedding coordinator about the venue, we decided to proceed with booking it. I was a little nervous as there is not much information out there regarding BV but wow, let me tell you once we set foot there for our food tasting, we were speechless. It's a rather big open air palapa that is about 10 feet away from the ocean - just breathtaking. My husband and I were speechless. And we hadn't even tried the food yet! The food was astounding - we ended up going with the shrimp bisque, steak with foi gras sause & cheesecake for desert for our mains. Best food I have ever had. We had some picky guests but honestly, they still can't stop talking about how amazing the food was. We had some appetizers for cocktail hour - the blue cheese chicken was a major hit, we actually ended up going back there and the chef, Angel, specially prepared us some :)

As far as the wedding day went, everything was decorated beautifully. Joyce and Sofia understood our vision and then made it even more amazing. I was taken aback when my husband and I made our entrance into the palapa. Just gorgeous. The wait staff were so attentive & friendly, people didn't go long without a drink at all and any questions were answered promptly. I still can't believe how amazing of a day it was, just perfect in every way. If you are looking for a private venue that has amazing food, service and people, please consider Blue Venado! You will not regret it. My husband and I are both looking forward to returning for our 1 year anniversary in November. :)

It makes me sad that this lady chose to complain so much on here about the venue when it seems most of her issues were either minor or due to her wedding planner (going with the first one) and NOT the Blue Venado. Nothing is ever going to go perfect on your wedding day and one should expect that but to come on here and write a bad review for the Blue Venado when maybe it should of been directed to her wedding planner is just bad taste.

1  Thank Kozey11

Reviewed June 29, 2015

We had the wedding of our dreams at Blue Venado Beach Club on May 23, 2015. This venue exceeded our expectations. Having never been there before, and only seeing it through photos, the venue is much bigger than we had expected. All our wedding guests were impressed with the venue and kept telling us that this was the "Best Wedding they had ever been to".

We came to learn of this beautiful location through our Wedding Coordinator Erica Bressan from WeddingsInPlaya. We told her we were looking to have a Beach Wedding Ceremony with No Beach-Goers! What I meant is that I did not want "beach-goers" to be "photobombing" our wedding photos. Although Blue Venado's beach is public and very active during daytime, all beach-goers will leave around 5:00PM. Our Beach Ceremony commenced at 5:45PM, and the only people there were our 50 wedding guests and the Blue Venado Beach Club Staff. If you want the "Private-Beach" feeling for your wedding ceremony, this is definitely the place!

When you book Blue Venado Beach Club for your wedding venue, you will be getting a lot for your money. Not only do you get the reception area under the Big Palapa, your wedding guests will have access to their "Hammock Area" and "Beach Daybeds / Umbrellas" that over look the water.

Blue Venado Beach Club also offered us a Tasting of our Food Selection about 3 days before the actual wedding day. We tasted everything that we had selected for our event, and made small modifications based on our taste preference. This was our first time seeing the venue before our Wedding Day. On this same day, we also met up with all the other wedding vendors and exchanged information so that everyone was on the same page with Blue Venado Beach Club and this was all organized thanks to our Wedding Coordinator Erica Bressan.

Blue Venado Beach Club was booked only for its Venue, and for providing food and drinks to our guests! The food was great, flavorful, and had a great presentation! We had 10 FingerFood options that was passed around during the Cocktail Hour. We selected two entrees (Cochinita Pibil and Tikin Chik Fish) to be served after the appetizer (Ceviche), the food came out on time and was as the right temperature. We opted for an Open Bar for the entire evening, which was a big hit! Beer was served in Glasses and not in bottles. Two of my wedding guests are Vegans, and Blue Venado Beach Club was able to accommodate this special requests for us for no extra charge and without hesitation. I'd also like to mention, that for an extra charge, we booked a horse from Blue Venado Beach Club in order to take a photo with during our Wedding Photo Session after the ceremony. Blue Venado Beach Club allowed us to select the horse we wanted for our wedding photos in advance.

The Blue Venado Staff was very professional and attentive to all our guests.

We opted to book outside wedding vendors through our Wedding Coordinator Erica Bressan for a more personalized touch to our Wedding Day, instead of having to select a pre-packaged wedding from Blue Venado's catalog . We did not do the wedding package offered by Blue Venado Beach Club for that matter. We are happy with our decision because our Wedding Coordinator Erica Bressan was familiar with all the outside wedding vendors that she has worked with for many years.

The outside vendors we booked through our Wedding Coordinator Erica Bressan was the Minister, the DJ, the Photographer/Videographer, the Florist, the Cake, the Mariachi and Decorations. Erica Bressan provided us with a list of vendors from each category to pick from, so ultimately it was our decision of which outside vendor to proceed with.

Given the fact that our Wedding Coordinator Erica Bressan knew all the outside vendors and has hosted other weddings at Blue Venado Beach Club, our wedding turned out better than we had anticipated. We are extremely happy with our selection with Blue Venado Beach Club, but we are even happier with our Wedding Coordinator selection.

Reviewed June 17, 2015 via mobile

I had my dream wedding at Blue Venado last month. My Blue Venado wedding planner was Sofia Garcia, who was absolutely amazing! My son was only 4 months old when I started my 8 months of wedding planning so as you can imagine, my time was limited. Sofia was so well organized and kept me on track when I was falling behind. She made herself available to me all the time, whether it was over email, Skype, or phone. She was also very quick to respond to my emails...and there were definitely a lot of them. She went above and beyond, even AFTER the wedding was long over. For example: after finding out that the package I agreed to with my photographer did not include any edited pictures, I was pretty sad. I was given a file with all of the original pictures, but nothing that had been touched up (which had nothing to do with Blue Venado). Sofia emailed me and said that she has taken some photography editing classes and would do some editing for me in her spare time (free of charge) if I emailed her the images. I did and she sent me back some gorgeous pictures! Again, above and beyond!

I was very indecisive as to what I wanted, decoration wise. Sofia always had such great suggestions though! I actually left some decor decisions up to her and I'm so glad I did because when I showed up on the wedding day, it was exactly what I dreamt it would be!!

I would recommend Blue Venado to anyone getting married in the Riviera Maya. The venue is gorgeous, the beach is beautiful, the employees are friendly, and the food is amazing! It has been over a month now since we had our wedding there and we are still having friends and family calling us to say what an amazing time they had at our wedding. I've heard the words "best wedding I've ever been to" so many times and that is because of Sofia and everyone else from Blue Venado! If I could do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing. Our wedding was perfect from start to finish and was exactly what I wanted AND MORE!

5  Thank Ashleylyn24
bluevenado, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Blue Venado Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2015

Hi!

Thank you for your comments, it was a pleasure to be at your wedding and witness the joy and happiness we all had.

We wish you good future and prosperity, always !!

we'll be waiting for you, come back soon!

Greetings

Reviewed June 11, 2015

We were introduced to this venue by our wedding planner, When our original wedding booking was double booked. Originally we were to be married at the Azul Beach Hotel in Puerto Morelos, As this date was double booked in a complete PANIC we had to find another venue in mexico. All of our family of 30 were booked into this hotel for 2 weeks and we needed a venue that was not too far away as we had elderly guests. We came across Erica, Of Weddings in playa. I emailed this wedding planner for around 6 months to organise my wedding from the UK. Having never met Erica, Or having never seen any of the venues she offered we opted for Blue Venado, Described to us as "Rustic" with good food and drink, Relaxed and beautiful. We wanted to be married on the beach and this sounded perfect. Erica seemed like an Angel, She always promptly sent answers to my emails and i felt confident that this was all going to be perfect.
After been in mexico for 7 days we met Erica, And travelled to Blue Venado, On arrival we were treated with Quad bikes Quad Bikes and more Quad bikes. This venue in the day is an Adventure Park which we were NOT aware of. Swarms of people doing water sports quad biking etc, The Rustic Idylic venue seemed more of a play area for adrenaline junkies!
We had taken all of our decorations with us as the cost that this vendor charges is actually estotionate. We opted for the ALL IN package which on the website stated EVERYTHING included. Please be aware this is NOT the case.
Without running this venue completely into the ground here are some of the points that occurred
* Music for walking down the isle was playing to guests as i arrived off the mini bus, Before we were any where by the isle
* I was handed a bouquet which i had gone over in depth how i wanted it to look and what i didn't want " i know this isn't what you asked for, But its all a bit last minute" i was told as they handed me a town together bouquet
*the ceremony could not even be heard by any of my family members as the speakers we not loud enough
* The DJ was APPALLING! this is NOT an exaggeration
* The food came out COLD
* Half of the food we paid for i.e Lobster giant shrimps chorizo sausage on the BBQ which is actually them cooking it in the kitchen you never see a BBQ never came out.
* we were not served any Wine during the starter we had to ask for it to come round.
* There was a 2 hr gap between the main and dessert when they did come out 15 bitsize (small) pieces of puddings were put on a side table by the wedding cake? This was for 30 guests?? Were we supposed to share half each?
* The wedding cake had a cardboard layer between the 2 levels which was a struggle to cut, Should be fun to see on the video.
* midnight meal: DO NOT BOTHER we had pizzas, Which was the thichest bread with toppings i couldn't even tell you what they were, Guests took a bite and left it they were that bad!
We paid for a Piñata which never appeared, And to be honest was the icing on a wedding cake which looked nothing like the picture.
You may be thinking you get what you pay for, Well We spent £17'000 on our wedding all in all, this venue and our wedding planner were around £8000 of this, And if I'm honest as i took all the decorations myself they really didn't have a hard job to do.
The main lady Sofia Garcia speaks FLUENT english but they make out she can't, When we complained the next day i spent 45 mins on the phone to here the only thing she could offer us was a SORRY.
I am in the wedding industry and i can Guarentee i would NEVER make mistakes that upset a bride on her big day!
If you are looking at booking this venue DONT. You will be disappointed i took it on the chin and made the best of my reception, tequila helped.
Botom line do not get married at BLUE VENADO and do not use WEDDINGINPLAYA for your wedding planner. Horrendous!e.

9  Thank Cheryl288