“Excellent!”

Cuisines: Italian, International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2012

My husband and I visitied BlueVenado beachclub and restaurant several times during our last stay in Mexico.

Location: about 5 minutes south of playa del carmen or 5 minutes north of Puerto Aventuras. Beautiful beach. a bit rocky initially but if you swim past the rocks you can find a sandy area to wade in.

Facilities: Clean. Comfortable beach lounge chairs with palapa & table. They also have a lounge area with a sofa/bed/chair and tables. This is a nice place to sit and relax if you are not going in the water. Bar: swings to sit on. Restuarant: several tables to accomidate any group. They have a clean restroom where you can also change. If you spend 150 pesos per person (or ~$11.00) the facilities are all included which is nice and means no extra charge for chairs. It is not overcrowded here and there is plenty of space. Each time we went there were only about 2-4 other families.

Service: Impeccable. Hola Jesus! Jesus was our waiter each time we went. He is very friendly and very attentive. We couldn't help but tip 20% or more because it is so hard to find such wonderful service. I look forward to seeing him when we return in February. The service here is the best compared to any beach club we have been to in the riviera maya.

Food/Drinks; Excellent. We visited several Italian restaurants during our stay including Posada Margherita in Tulum which is rated number 1 on this site. We felt that the homemade pasta dishes at BlueVenado were better here than anywhere else. My husband declared the pasta as the "best in the riviera maya". Also the chicken scallopini and bruschetta were excellent. When we had questions about the food Jesus brought the chef to us. I was able to add a vegetable to my pasta that was not part of the dish. The price for the food is very good ~100-200 pesos.

The bartender is friendly and makes excellent drinks as well. You can get a carafe for 160.00 pesos which is ~ 12.00 and makes 4 drinks. We tried the flavored mojitos (mango) and sangria. Both were excellent.

We will be returning here every time we visit the riviera maya. It is such a special place that I am hesitant to share it with others.

Reviewed January 13, 2012

Grab a beer, some waves and food with your pooch. It's one of the only places where you can go hang out on a quiet beach with your dog and not get hassled by beach police because the beach is private for Blue Venado. Your dog needs to be on-leash in the main entrance and when you're laying out on the beach chairs but down the beach is off-leash.

Food is okay; burgers, nachos, pasta. It's not bad it's just not overly exceptional. A bit pricey too but when you've been swimming all day, it's worth grabbing a bit there! I had nachos with chicken which were smothered in beans and cheese just like I like. The salsa was spicy (on the side) like I like too. My boyfriend had a ceviche which was fresh and he also had fajitas which I didn't try but smelled really good.

Service is friendly and good. Were very polite and tried very hard to keep us in drinks even though it was a busy day. Definitely worth the trip. We stayed all day.

1  Thank carriemay40
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We stumbled upon this place and boy to I wish we went more often. I have one of the best homemade pasta dishes with a brandy and shrimp. It was amazing! I have to go back and compliment the chef to find out what excactly I was eating. All I can say was that I almost licked my plate clean. The atomoshpere is so beautiful, right on the ocean. It is very private but won't be for long...as soon as everyone starts reading these reviews!

Reviewed September 25, 2011

Went few time the place is amazing
Restaurant delicious the playa fantastic...........just enjoy a nice sangria and u fell like in pardise

Reviewed September 16, 2011

Me and my best friend are travelling to the Maya river to relax and enjoy the caribbean life, and in Blue venado we did!
It's the right place to be in peace with your senses...a breathtaking fusion between a delightful ita/mex food (you have to test the fresh pasta ravioli), an incredible landscape and a really goodservice with a friendly staff.
In one word: Sensational!

Viva Mexico, viva el caribe... ;)