“Used to LOVE this place!”

Coco Maya Beach and Night Club
More attraction details
Owner description: The newest Playa del Carmen's beach club, with a Mayan-inspired architecture, stunning views and a wide selection of eclectic music from around the world, is the perfect place to enjoy the Caribbean flavor. Playa and Coco Maya have evolved into Playa's largest nightclub and beach club with a restaurant overlooking the beautiful water of The Mayan Riviera. When the sun rises be sure to visit our beautiful beach & restaurant featuring a menu that travels through the different cuisines of the world (Mediterranean, Brazilian, Peruvian) and of course the traditional Mexican cuisine with a focus on seafood.. We are your one stop for all of the best Playa has to offer. No need to leave Coco Maya, because in the night changed course and became the most important club in all of Playa del Carmen! The Beach Area where you can enjoy early deep house sounds, enjoying the sea air in our lounge bar. When night falls, DJ's deliver an eclectic mix of music. Special guest djs and our resident djs keep you grooving till the sun comes up with Playa's most diverse clientele. Coco Maya is a unique destination for those who want to enjoy the Mexican Caribbean at its best, either during the day or at night, enjoying great drinks, food and good music. Coco Maya Beach Club In the true essence of the "beach life" comes to life 24 hours a day!
Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Used to LOVE this place!”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I just had occasion to visit Coco Maya in Playa Del Carmen this past week. I have been there MANY times before, throughout the years.
Yes, they have do a fairly nice renovation, but previously we always were offered wristbands for drinks. This time, the owner's son approached us, was very friendly, showed us all around, then took us up to the bar after asking what we wanted to drink, but the bartender accepted our money! Wow. A beer in Playa at 7-11 is $1, at a bar it can be as cheap as 1.50 or 2.00, a club maybe will run you 3.50 - 5.00. To the owner, it was probably .25C or less. Unreal that he implied the drink was on him, then we were charged for them!
I generally love the music in this club, and the décor is a bit dated but classic, so it's unfortunate that this situation has left such a foul taste in our mouths. We don't need to go out for free drinks; but the way it was rolled out, was terrible and very poor business skills.
Some of the other clubs were absolutely packed (Mandala, Pallazzo), so it's no doubt that I'm not the only one no longer loving Coco Maya.
Too bad... adios.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank Tango_Mango1
MarvinCoronel, Director General at Coco Maya Beach and Night Club, responded to this review, December 13, 2014
First of all I offer an apology on behalf of all the staff of this company for the bad experience you spent in our facilities, I see that we visited in november 2013, there have been many changes since then, we have new staff, we have this working hard to improve our quality of service and have new facilities. I hope and brindes us another opportunity to give you the service you deserve.

Regards

Washington DC, District of Columbia
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“relaxing and attentive service”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

i've walked by this place for three years and never gave it a chance cuz of the rusted anchored boats on the shoreline = not cute. during each pass, their cushioned loungers would call out to me and i would just keep walking. i decided to give it a try and ended up going everyday during my visit. the hamburguesa was juicy good! my waiters were awesome! they rent towels for a small fee. there is a roped off area in front to access the water. but beware of a nearby area where the entrance is uneven rock formation....ouch. this review is only for the beach club during the day as i've not been to their nightclub.

Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Fantastic. The best.”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I would definitely recommend this beach club. The food, service and outlook is first class. We went every day. Luxury.

Visited September 2012
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Very good”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Very good for a night out, for wot ever music you like it has got it all, def worth a visit if you are in that area

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I liked it!”
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

If you are a girl you would love it, the service is really good and some times they have ladies night so you won't spend anything.
The music is all kind, but before of 3 it is electronic music.
I went here on Wednesday and on Thursday I came back, I really liked it.