“overprized. absolutely don't get the pasta or martini”
Review of PIOLA

PIOLA
Ranked #76 of 1,305 Restaurants in Playa del Carmen
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The thin crest pizza was okay. Not tertible, but not the best that I have ever had neither. The shrimp pasta (forgot the name on menu) was terrible. When I asked the waiter if the shrimp was local, he said yes. The shrimp was frozen and tiny, and the pasta was way over cooked. The pasta was so over cooked that it crumbled when I stuck my fork into it. The basil martini was 78 pesos, and it has no alcohol in it. I rarely drink and I am usually drunk even with a quarter of a cocktail. This basil martini has no alcohol. Our two small pizzas, small salad, one martini and one pasta totalled to be over 600 pesos. This place is very expensive for what the offer. I have had way better food much cheaper at playa and i will not come back to this restaurant.

There are newer reviews for PIOLA

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Very modern nice place to eat! I definately wanted "normal food" in Mexico and this was the best place to get it! The pizzas are great. The waiters are very friendly and fast!

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I love Pizza and most of the types of food they serve. However, the quality was horrible. Everything was the cheapest of the cheapest. Olive oil was not olive oil. The service was the worst of the worst. It took more than two hours for pizzas and salads. Not the pizzas we ordered. I've been to oder Piolas at other countries and everything is much better. They should close this place.

Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

We ate here 5 out 5 days. The drinks are some of the best we have had in playa. You have to try the basil and cucumber Martinis. The bartenders and staff are extremely nice. I recommend the pastorelli pizza. Very cool vibe and good prices. Would be 6 stars if they had happy hour.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Piola is by far the best Pizza in Playa del Carmen. Thin sliced pizza with outstanding sauce and really fresh toppings. Two people in our party got salads which they said were excellent. The setting is very nice. Endless list of toppings and feel free to design a custom pizza with everything you want. The service can get strained when they get very busy.