“Love the small town”

Playa del Carmen Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Playa del Carmen's #1 tour company saves you $$ on a wide variety of fun, safe and exciting tours, activities and excursions, all departing conveniently from your hotel lobby in Playa del Carmen, Cancun and the Riviera Maya. English-Speaking customer service is available to assist you with your questions and bookings 7 days a week by phone, live chat, Skype, Facebook or email. We offer one-stop shopping for everything from Mayan Ruins, tours to cenote, snorkeling, adventures to ATV tours and to cruise shore excursions - come experience the service, price and selection that has made us the go-to in Playa del Carmen.
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I love walking around this beautiful town and haggling for good prices.Love to stop and have lunch and a couple of drinks at the outside bars.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

I was in Mexico with my husband in July. We booked 4 on the website of Playa del Carmen Tours. They were Ek Balam and Rio Lagartos, Chichen Itza Classic, Jungle Maya Expedition and Dolphin Swim. All the pick-ups were on time, the drivers and the guides were very polite and helpful. All the tours are good value of money. Thanks a lot for the wonderful experience!!!

3  Thank Ekaterina D
Reviewed July 24, 2014

This tour was much better than I expected. I rented 4 atv's 1 for my wife, son, daughter, and myself. My son and I have the daredevil gene, My wife and daughter, not so much. They still had a blast. Riding through the jungle is quite rigorous and also climbing through the cave as well so if you have back problems, this is definitely NOT the tour for you. Try to get the earliest tour as it is very hot and can be extremely dusty as the day wears on, also, do yourself a favor and don't drink too much the night before or the day of the tour or you'll be sorry. The snorkeling can be challenging if it is too windy so be prepared for that, the morning is best for that as well.

1  Thank 1LSUDAD
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

We were picked up promptly at 8 am at hotel lobby. Our, although very nice and courteous, didn't speak as much English as we were lead to believe. We didn't have much trouble communicating with him though. We were dropped off at Tulum at the back of some shady looking shops and given instructions on where to go. It was about a mile walk to the entrance. We opted to not take the guided tour. We were then taken to Yal Ku lagoon. HORRIBLE experience there. We gave them $40 USD. The cashier asked if we had smaller bills. After giving him $8, he refused to give us back 1 of the 20s, essentially charging us $48 for a $28 entrance fee. Playa del Carmen tours lists the fee as $7/pp when in fact it's $14 per person. We told them we wanted a refund and left losing $20. Fortunately the driver was nice and told us he'd take us down the road to Akumal bay. There we were able to swim with sea turtles for free. The trip wasn't terrible, but it was overpriced. We could've taken a taxi for probably less than half.

Johann&Sandra, Owner at Playa del Carmen Tours, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2014

I'm really not clear where we went wrong here. The reviewer enjoyed his driver, had no problems to communicate with him, and took the group free of charge to Akumal Bay to snorkel with the sea turtles when the group objected to the price of admission at Yal-Ku Lagoon.

At Tulum, we drop off guests right at the jungle train which you ride to the ruins, or walk if you prefer. This is the same place all tours drop off, and is closer than the big bus tours can drop you. The only shops are the tourist souvenir shops and a soda stand, I'm not sure what is shady about that, but ok.

I am sorry the person at Yal-Ku was not pleasant, but that is not our company and there is nothing we can do about that. Of course if you were charged more by Yal-Ku than we advertised, we would have happily reimbursed the difference, but we received no notification about that, only this review, so unfortunately we won't have that opportunity now. We always ask that if guests have any issue at all to please let us know personally so we have an opportunity to make things right rather than just posting a complaint in a public forum where we have no chance to assist you.

I'm happy that you got to see Tulum and snorkel with the Sea Turtles in Akumal. It is unfortunate that your experience with a staff member at Yal-Ku seems to have tainted your otherwise very good experience with our company. I hope if you read this you will be able to separate the professional services of our company from the behavior of one individual working for Yal-Ku who is not even related to our company in any way, and reconsider your feelings of our services.

Reviewed July 19, 2014

This course is exactly as advertised. We went for three days and were certified at the end. It was awesome and exhausting at the same time. Everyone at Mexico Blue Dream was nice and helpful. Matias, our instructor, made sure we learned EVERYTHING we needed to pass the course, but also that we were comfortable with our gear and comfortable in the water too. He did a great job. Everything is organized and everyone knows what to do when. We went from the store, to another location for the pool portion and then to the beach to board a boat for the open water dives. This isn't for the faint at heart. You have to learn it and be able to apply the knowledge or you won't pass. This is not pay and get through. They teach you to survive underwater. Don't bother going if you're not serious about getting certified. Say hi to Mat and Roman for us.

2  Thank Kelli75095