“Excellent Value & Experience”

PDC Kiteboarding School and Water Sports Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Playa del Carmen Kiteboarding School and Stand Up Paddle Adventure Tours is located on the beautiful beach of the Sandos Playacar Resort and offers full IKO Kiteboarding Certification, Equipment rental & Sale, Kite Safaris and daily excursion to the Lagoon of Isla Blanca, Cancun Area. PDC Kiteboarding is also a Stand Up Paddle Adventure center and takes you to the most amazing locations in the Riviera Maya to SUP into the Cenotes or in the Ocean.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Value & Experience”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

Having had a couple beginner lessons before, I recently went to PDC for a few sessions with their private instructors. Thanks to their expertise and thorough teaching style I was able to progress much more than through any other kiting courses. Their first concern is always safety which definitely makes you feel more confident handling the kite. I highly recommend PDC to any beginners as well as those looking to improve their exisiting skills. PDC's love for kiting makes it a great learning experience, not to mention a great time:)

1 Thank CitizenPham

Kamas, Utah
“Kite surf tropical”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I had a great time kiting with PDC. I looked around and they seemed to be the best prices. I got a three hour session with Gille, and although it was a lot of exercise running back up the beach, I feel my kiting has improved a lot. That and kiting in Caribbean waters doesn't suck. Have fun and get some. Oh yeah, even though you have to walk a distance through a resort, I found you can enjoy a drink or two on the way back...

Visited March 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ultimate kite surfing experience and perfect beach!”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We had a great experience with these guys. We were on the most perfect beach for our lessons and the guys were excellent teachers! The value was great for what you get and you won't go wrong in this area whether your new or experienced! Can't wait to go back.

1 Thank Michelle R
Calgary, Canada
“Everything you need in a kiting school!”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

These guys were great. I went down to Playa for 5 days and took 4 lessons and had an awesome time. For background I've kited maybe 10 times now, on three different trips, all to different schools in different locations across the globe and would rate these guys the best so far. Their location is ideal as it's away from the chaos from the resort beaches and doesn't have many other kiters there to get in your way. Wind was consistent all but one day I was there. Booking was seamless, and the place is easy to get to (there are a bunch of all inclusives within walking distance along the beach from the school - but cabs are also cheap in case you're at a resort closer to town). The instructors were all very friendly, knowledgeable and work really hard to get you up on your board as soon as possible. I'd recommend this school for anyone at any level which requires instruction. The gear was all up to date and pricing was slightly more inexpensive than my other lessons elsewhere (Maui/Turks).

Visited March 2014
Groveland, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great way to learn a new sport!”
Reviewed April 14, 2014

After watching people in the sea kiteboarding for several days I was just fascinated by the way they flew the kites and surfed across the water with them and had to try it myself. I talked to the people at the school at Sandos Playacar and they were very friendly and informative. I ended up taking several lessons and they were very flexible in allowing me to split up the time according to how much wind we had and when I could fit in the time. The instructors were good, very capable and made sure that I understood all the safety considerations and different skills required to manage the kite and the board in the water. It was lots of fun and I look forward to doing more when I return to Playacar