“Great Sport, Fantastic School”

PDC Kiteboarding School and Water Sports Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Playa del Carmen Kiteboarding School and Stand Up Paddle Adventure Tours is located on the beautiful beach of the Sandos Playacar Resort and offers full IKO Kiteboarding Certification, Equipment rental & Sale, Kite Safaris and daily excursion to the Lagoon of Isla Blanca, Cancun Area. PDC Kiteboarding is also a Stand Up Paddle Adventure center and takes you to the most amazing locations in the Riviera Maya to SUP into the Cenotes or in the Ocean.
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I was not sure I would be able to enjoy kite-boarding nor if I would be patient enough to go through the first - sand only - session (to master the kite before moving to the water).
I was really amazed by the sensations that that humongous kite procured and enjoyed spending the 3 hours learning about it but also some facts about winds and security procedures.
The teaching was ideal in the way that it was personalized, reason why I would recommend private lessons. The teacher (Antoine) was super friendly and got rid of my security concerns in two ways: being very detailed on what I was and wasn't supposed to do and by staying very attentive to my actions.
I was rapidly in the water on second session (with Antoine) and enjoyed getting up on the board for few meters even-though the wind that day wasn't that great.
I really recommend this great sport and PDC Kiteboarding is the perfect place to start (great spot and excellent staff & equipment). Only drawback is the location of the school: you need to walk though that gigantic hotel/resort and it gets quite tricky... also, if you come from another hotel and bring your beach towels with you (you should also consider snacks), make sure to show them to security when you arrive and get your badge, otherwise you'll have to leave them there, no matter what you say or do!

1  Thank Vriass
in 22 reviews
"launch"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I recently stayed at the Sandos resort, and made sure I booked well in advance for my kitesurfing lessons. All very organised, Mickey was quick to respond on emails before arriving at the resort. Great instructors, good kit and perfect location. Even on the days without the best wind we went to another spot near Cancun which is even better for learning the basics. Highly recommended!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I took three days of kiteboarding lessons with PDC. This was our second set of lessons, having started learning in Cabarete last year. The instructors at PDC are friendly and very professional. I was a bit nervous after a bad experience last year. My instructor, Duncan, was great at reassuring me and giving me sufficient information and time to get familiar with my kite so that I felt safe and in control. I thoroughly enjoyed the lessons and made great progress, which built up my confidence and my love of the sport! Do take the opportunity to learn at the lagoon in Isla Blanca if the wind allows for it. It's a beautiful spot and being able to stand in the lagoon makes learning so much easier! Highly recommend PDC!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

i rented kiting equipment and a friend took lessons. they were very professional and had good quality equipment. the kiting spot is a decent spot, choppy waves, consistent wind, one spot of rocks to avoid but a nice wide long safe beach. need to know how to kite upwind. great organization. tricky to find so bring a cell phone with you and some snacks, no snack shops nearby.

See more reviews
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just coming back from a great kiteboarding vacation at the Sandos Playacar Resort last month.
We came to get certified and even if it was just the beginning of the wind season we had some great windy days and could accomplish all the way to IKO Level 3 certification.
The staff was very friendly, really good instruction was given and the equipment was in great shape.
The kite spot is great and only few steps away from he hotel so very convenient.
It looks like the best wind season is from November till May.
We will come back!!!