“Great place to learn and improve”

PDC Kiteboarding School and Water Sports Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Playa del Carmen Kiteboarding School and Stand Up Paddle Adventure Tours is located on the beautiful beach of the Sandos Playacar Resort and offers full IKO Kiteboarding Certification, Equipment rental & Sale, Kite Safaris and daily excursion to the Lagoon of Isla Blanca, Cancun Area. PDC Kiteboarding is also a Stand Up Paddle Adventure center and takes you to the most amazing locations in the Riviera Maya to SUP into the Cenotes or in the Ocean.
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I recently stayed at the Sandos resort, and made sure I booked well in advance for my kitesurfing lessons. All very organised, Mickey was quick to respond on emails before arriving at the resort. Great instructors, good kit and perfect location. Even on the days without the best wind we went to another spot near Cancun which is even better for learning the basics. Highly recommended!

Reviewed February 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I took three days of kiteboarding lessons with PDC. This was our second set of lessons, having started learning in Cabarete last year. The instructors at PDC are friendly and very professional. I was a bit nervous after a bad experience last year. My instructor, Duncan, was great at reassuring me and giving me sufficient information and time to get familiar with my kite so that I felt safe and in control. I thoroughly enjoyed the lessons and made great progress, which built up my confidence and my love of the sport! Do take the opportunity to learn at the lagoon in Isla Blanca if the wind allows for it. It's a beautiful spot and being able to stand in the lagoon makes learning so much easier! Highly recommend PDC!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

i rented kiting equipment and a friend took lessons. they were very professional and had good quality equipment. the kiting spot is a decent spot, choppy waves, consistent wind, one spot of rocks to avoid but a nice wide long safe beach. need to know how to kite upwind. great organization. tricky to find so bring a cell phone with you and some snacks, no snack shops nearby.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Just coming back from a great kiteboarding vacation at the Sandos Playacar Resort last month.
We came to get certified and even if it was just the beginning of the wind season we had some great windy days and could accomplish all the way to IKO Level 3 certification.
The staff was very friendly, really good instruction was given and the equipment was in great shape.
The kite spot is great and only few steps away from he hotel so very convenient.
It looks like the best wind season is from November till May.
We will come back!!!

Reviewed June 20, 2011

Very good teachers and good spot for training..........................................................