Reina Roja Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Carmen Quinta Resort(Playa del Carmen)
  • Bar/Lounge
Aventura Mexicana(Playa del Carmen)
  • Pool
Unic Design Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
  • Restaurant
Soho Playa Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Tierra Maya(Playa del Carmen)
  • Restaurant
Luna Blue Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
La Rana Cansada(Playa del Carmen)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsrooftop poolunique hotelthemed hotelfun hotellocation is greatfree breakfastnice bathroompool partylobbyavequintapdcalejandrobartendernightlife
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Every once in while you come across unique hotel with either significant character and or a bizarre setting. How about a full dressed manikin on every floor just outside your room on the balcony! The theme of this outrageous hotel is experimental architecture. The roof top offers a great view of the beach and includes regular scheduled pool parties. There is a full size lobby bar with female creatively tattooed manikins that are just a few of the many visual amenities offered. My room was fully carpeted with grass from the floor to all four walls. Dark rich quiet green. Obviously an Ecco statement, but again a lot of character. There are solar panels across the entire rooftop encompassing the full length swimming pool. The music was great and the crowd was ready for any type of entertaining Dee Jay. Overall this hotel experience proves to be original. It’s loaded with sensuality, innovation and a cosmopolitan mix. The bar is also an experience with talented waiters and very comfortable seating and a lot of deep red lighting. Rooms are reasonably priced at $189.00 us and includes a full breakfast. If by any chance you want to go to the beach, it’s a ten minute walk. Despite my usual one night stand my experience was more like an elaborate comfortable funky high end hostel. I would come back to this hotel in my next life as a hippy.

Room Tip: Take back room and not too high near roof.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank michaelcanada
reinarojahotel, Gerente at Reina Roja Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

We are happy you enjoyed our hotel and bar service, hope to see you soon in your hippie Mood.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

It is now 3am and i am at your mercy. the loud music vibrates the walls of my house ,invaded my living space and i cannot even hear my own t.v. the roof top parties are so so loud ,the wind puts the music in all our backyards prohibiting us from using our outdoor spaces. all of the neighbors are fed up and are going to every and any authorty to make this stopp. why can't you be respectful of the community and obey decible laws or soundproof? we have a right to work,sleep and play-as do our children!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
20  Thank Anne M
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I should point out that this review is solely based on my experience visiting the the bar and is a reflection of the poor bar service we experienced. A group of friends and I were staying at the neighboring, and far superior, Aldea Thai Condos and decided to check out the property for a potential future stay. We arrived on a slow Wednesday night and still payed cover only to be treated to HORRIBLE BAR SERVICE!

OVER PRICED-WEAK DRINKS...are especially disappointing considering the club induced theme of the overall property. Our bartender (ALEJANDRA) was deceitful in purposely trying to trick me into paying for a superior top-shelf liquor, despite me specifically identifying the bottle I wanted. I even overheard her tell a bar back (in spanish) that she was still gonna serve me the other label and laughed about it. Unfortunately for her, I'm Mexican-American and speak fluent Spanish. Its shameful that a destination that thrives so much on tourism would resort to such tacky standards. Needless to stay we didn't even finish our drinks after this terrible introduction to the property and I doubt we would ever book a room at this hotel if the bar service is any indication of how they treat their guests.

My suggestion to management is that you coach your bartender's on the importance of customer service and how its affects the overall reputation of your property.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank Sdmyk
Management response:Responded July 7, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your visit to our bar. We would like to express our most sincere regrets for the inconvenience you experienced.

We invite you for a free drink in our bar during your next visit to Playa del Carmen, so you can see the quality of our drinks and our great service.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Visited in April 2012

Pro:
- Spacious rooms and bedding and furniture looks and feels new and is comfortable
- Nice big tiled shower with tiled bench & luxe bath products
- Front desk helped us book a car and negotiate down the rate at our checkout (had not planned ahead)
- Breakfast is delicious & a la carte (they didn't only have eggs!)
- The website offers 50% off the rate through December 2012 so this was the best value by far
- Location is great - 1 block off 5a ave and 2 blocks away from Mamitas / Kool

Con:
- The decor is just too tacky and you would have some explaining to do if you came with kids
- we went the weekend before Easter and there was 0 ambiance at the roof bar on a Saturday evening

We asked to be put in the quiet area and did not hear any noise at night. Would return, especially if the prices stay this great. If not, might check out some of the other options further down the 5a.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We visited Playa del Carmen in September 2011 so it was the slow season and the hotel was really calm and not many people around town however that worked in our advantage bEcause the staff took extra care of us. They let us use one of the private rooms to do a bachelorette party at no extra charge. The breakfast was amazing!! We had to send some clothes to the cleaners and theyntookmcare of everything. We also used the karaoke room and had a great time, the bartenders are amazing! You could order from 4 different options and they were all great! The whole staff was really friendly and relaxed. This is not a hotel for children, if you want to have a great time and chill at the roof pool with your friends this is the right place.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank NatSalas
reinarojahotel, Manager at Reina Roja Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2012

We are very happy to read that you had an excellent stay with us, we always try to be aware of the needs of our guests and we like to make your vacation unforgettable. We hope you come back soon and we appreciate your comments.