Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda(Playa del Carmen)
Book now, pay at stay
$725
Hotels.com
Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
$323
$295
Bookit.com
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
$508
  • Pool
$540
$427
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
$329
$263
$467
$436
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
$424
$342
  • Breakfast included
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
$1,818
$844
Bookit.com
All reviewspenthouse roomthree blockstop floorroom was largerefrigeratoraveac
Reviewed February 24, 2015

We stayed here for only one night at the end of a wonderful week on the Riviera Maya. The hotel was very charming. We stayed in room 10 on the 3rd floor. Our room was spacious with a fridge and coffee maker. There was drinking water on every floor. There is not an elevator, but the strong guy at the front desk very gladly carried our heavy suitcases up the 3 flights of steps for us!! The service was excellent and the staff at the front desk could not have been nicer or more accommodating for us. The location is perfect and is located right on Fifth Avenue in the heart of everything. And the hotel itself is only 2 very short blocks to the beach. I would highly recommend hotel Delfin!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms we were able to peek into were very nice and each was decorated a little differently.
  • Stayed: February 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank exhiler8ting
Reviewed February 17, 2015

I accidentally canceled my reservation for the penthouse through Expedia (meant to cancel car) and immediately called the hotel to reinstate..within 2 minutes. The person on the phone was evasive and of no help. I even asked for a manager. No. I called Expedia..same thing 'can't do anything". Okay, it was my fault. I called the hotel the next day and spoke with the manager who indicated that the hotel was fully booked with guests staying for 1 or more weeks and that they'd sent Expedia a notice of this over a week ago to allow only 3 day minimum...does that mean they never meant to honor my reservation? I went to the Expedia website and the same room is available the same day I booked. I went to the Hotel Delfin website and the same room IS available the same day and for a series of 3 nights as well. I called the hotel and again they feign "unavailable' and the manager will not speak with me. I wish to ask why their website (not Expedia's) shows availability. I've been in business for years and always looked at both side of a situation and with some compassion issues can be resolved. In the case of Hotel Delfin telling lies and knowing they can scoop up extra money by not bending is the practice. Today is Feb. 17 and the date in question is Feb. 22. I suppose they figure to pocket my $ charged for the room and re-rent it since it is still available both online and on the phone and on Expedia. This is my first negative review and I'm a seasoned traveller. So many hotels in Mexico are extremely accommodating. I am currently staying on Isla Mujeres at La Rinconada where the owner drove out late at night to accommodate my late ferry arrival. I've stayed all over Mexico in many types of hotels and apartments rented through BOOKING.COM. I hope Hotel Delfin uses the money I spent for the Penthouse for a charitable cause in their community...something humane.

Stayed: February 2015, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara B
Reviewed February 3, 2015

We stayed at the hotel for 10 nights at the end of January.
We were in room 2 which is located on the side street. The room had everything we needed: fridge, a/c, tv, great wifi, safe, beds and bathroom. We did find the beds a bit harder then we were used to but our bodies quickly adjusted and it was not a problem after a night or two. I was pleasantly surprised that there was no street noise and the room was very quiet. The room was in a great location right on the corner of 5th, one block to beach and away from any night club noise. Our flight was not leaving until 1:40 (middle of the night) and we were due to check out at 11:00 am previous morning. At the last minute we decided that it would be more comfortable and worth the money to keep a room until our 10 pm bus to airport. We switched rooms to a more basic room just for this purpose as it was $20 less. It gave us a shower, safe and bed to rest on but no a/c. In retrospect I wish we had been explained the choices and amenities of the rooms as we would have stayed in our room for the extra $20 just for the convenience and a/c. The front desk staff greeted us when we walked by but I did not find them too approachable with questions. Luckily we had done our research and had been to PDC in the past and could figure things out. The young man at the desk was very nice the manager not too friendly. Overall, we thought that the location was great and the room clean and comfortable, great price, we would return if back in the area. As it turns out though PDC not my favorite spot a little to "discovered" for my liking will be travelling more to Central America but PDC may be used to pass through to other spots south.

• Stayed: January 2015, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jtournour
Reviewed January 30, 2015

The rooms were decent and had flat-screen tvs. Drinking water available on each floor. Great 24 hour panaderia with good coffee half a block away. One block from ADO dropoff. Suprisingly quiet rooms. I would go back for 60 a night. If you aren't too old, go hit Tribeca on 12th after 11 pm.

Room Tip: Top floor was quiet.
  • Stayed: January 2015, traveled solo
1  Thank MichaelSuperG
Reviewed January 25, 2015

We stayed at the Hotel Delfin for one night because the hotel we were staying for the rest of the week did not have availability for the 1st night we were in town.

The Good: The hotel is located right on 5th, where all the shops are. It is far enough away from the club scene that the music from the restaurants that were close didn't go all night just until about 11:00 pm. The price is very affordable. The rooms were clean. Wi-Fi was adequate, separate codes required for each floor. The hotel has a simple feel to it. The coffee cups were wrapped and clean. Safes and refrigerator in the room. Nice size shower. Security guard on the bottom floor, the hotel felt safe.

The Bad::: The beds were extremely hard. I ask if they had anything we could place on the bed to increase the softness the answer was no. I was lucky that we were on the top floor which had a balcony and outside lawn chairs with mats, I removed my mat and put it under the sheet to make the bed sleepable. The bathroom doors were slotted, not solid so you could see and be seen while using the rest room. The small window in the bathroom to vent it did not have a glass in it so there was no way to close it therefore the sound in the room of the music was high until it stopped playing and the sounds of the morning came early. No elevator so we were on the top floor carrying luggage to the top.

Room Tip: Top floor has a good view with the balcony.
  • Stayed: January 2015, traveled as a couple
DanielShore693, Owner at Hotel Delfin, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2015

Thank you for the generally positive review,we have ordered a new sim ions
hotel supreme mattress for that room,we have no elevator but we will be happy
to carry your bags up and down for you