Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda(Playa del Carmen)
Book now, pay at stay
$725
Hotels.com
Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
$323
$295
Bookit.com
$309
$247
  • Pool
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
$508
$379
  • Beachfront
$540
$427
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
$329
$263
$467
$436
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
$424
$271
Cancelon
$438
$366
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
$1,818
$844
Bookit.com
All reviewspenthouse roomthree blockstop floorroom was largerefrigeratoraveac
Reviewed December 15, 2014

I spent two weeks my cousin in a two-bed room facing the side street. Upon arrival, the nice lady from the counter welcomed us and helped us a with our backpacks. I could directly access WIFI and it worked perfectly all the time.

The rooms are basic, but with all the essentials: refrigerator, air conditioning, hair dryer, wardrobe and enough power outlets (today's important for all the technical stuff;)) I was surprised to be right in the center of the action and to have everything just around the corner. Beach, souvenirs, restaurants, supermarket and bus station only 10 minutes away. Although it was the middle of the 5th Anvenue, you notice little noise at night. The night watchman was always there and has friendly open us at our nightly exits the door.

Although there is no breakfast at the hotel, but including, but then if you prefer to take your breakfast or picnic right on the beach. I was able to look at the Penthouse me once and was blown away by the fantastic view of the sea from the balcony.
You should not expect luxury and frills, but the value for money is just perfect. Thanks to the nice advice from the staff we have eaten in the best, coolest and most unique restaurants. Tip: Although there are really typique restaurants just few roads inland.

I can't wait to check in again soon!

• Stayed: November 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank belindaloves2travel
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Overall it was a nice place to stay. I had the terrace room for $80 a night. It would be nice if the wifi worked (they didn't know the proper password at the time) and the sheets we're very old and stained the first few nights. The 3rd night they put a better set on without me asking. Having a/c was nice but it would shut off every 5 mins and would only cool the room so far, but having come from a hotel with no a/c I was still content. I'm fairness I didn't mention these faults to the staff (except the wifi) so they didn't have a chance to correct them.

Room Tip: For $20 extra dollars it was nice to have a private terrace.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Spent 8 days here, mid July '14. Stayed in Penthouse, room 14. Hotel Delfin is very affordable. I used this mainly as a place to lay my head after day long excursions for the first 5 days. Staff were accommodating and friendly. Room cleaned and left with towels artistically placed on the king sized bed daily. Oversized shower looking out to the nice view. Free WiFi available. Small safe and fridge in room. Beach towels available at desk. 24hr desk. Overall very nice stay.

Room Tip: Penthouse (RM 14) has a nice terrace to sunbathe and enjoy the views.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Gary K
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We found Hotel Delfin on a last minute search having stayed at an awful and expensive 3* hotel in Cancun. What a difference! A warm welcome upon arrival. A cute room with AC, a fan, a fridge and a terrace with sun beds on the top floor. The owners are very accommodating too.

The hotel is on the main tourist street but our room was set back and had double glazing so we couldn't hear the hustle and bustle outside. The public beach is less than 5 mins walk with lovely white sand and turquoise sea.

Points to note: there isn't a restaurant or a lift but the staff will help with bags. The hotel is so very close to all the restaurants and bars that the lack of one in the wasn't a problem. The hotel is also a 4 block walk from the ADO bus station so getting around and exploring is easy.

Room Tip: A room with a terrace on the top floor.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Natalie M
Reviewed December 11, 2013 via mobile

We tried to get a private room in one of the nice hostels in playa but they where booked out and would have cost us $50 per night. Dragging our bag around town in and out of hotels asking for a good rate this one jumped out at us for $45 per night right smack bang in the middle of everything on 5th avenue. The room we stayed in had been re-decorated - looked brand new, beautiful clean bathroom etc. we had room number 4 which overlooked 5th av on the first level. Great value for your money in Playa. Would stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple