Garden and bungalows beatiful constructed - clean, white sandy beach,
light blue and also very clean water - 5th Av. with shops, bars, sightseeing-operaters closed to.
For somebody, who´l looking like me for a smaller, more quiet and
personally, natural location to slow down and relax but wish closed to some possibilities for amusement is right here.
Very friendly stuff, nice rooms, nice total location, caribian style, very
clean, good food - I´ve renewed myself that much before.
By the way I traveled this time as a woman alone and felt very comfortable also during trips and several walks at 5th and even by local
There is only small light disturbement, I lived down it was basicly great but very noise if people above me took a shower or used the toilette and we got water into rooms after very heavy rains above and even down but Mahekal is allready under construction hence it might be solved soon.
WLan could be better but there is one and it works most of the time.
I surely could recomande it and think about coming again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Mahekal Beach Resort is a legendary resort village located on 800 feet of white sand beach in the heart of vibrant Playa del Carmen. It has 198 thatched roof, palapa-style bungalows within steps of Fifth Avenue, the celebrated entertainment, shopping, and restaurant district of Playa del Carmen. The thousands of loyal repeat guests at Mahekal Beach Resort describe it as magical, memorable, and authentically Yucatecan. Our style is friendly and relaxed, a unique Caribbean experience where you can rock gently in a hammock on your private terrace and enjoy undoubtedly the best beach in Playa. Our guests love the fact that we have never compromised our truly unique ambiance and style. In keeping with that style, our rooms do not offer televisions. Instead, they feature original, brightly colored, Mexican tile bathrooms, private terraces with hammocks for siestas and star gazing, and locally-crafted Mexican wood furniture in an outdoor seating area where you can enjoy our magical sanctuary. The Resort offers meal plans that include breakfast daily and lunch or dinner. This choice gives our guests the opportunity to explore the many dining options in Playa del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Mahekal Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mahekal Beach Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Shangri La Caribe Hotel
- Shangri La Caribe Playa Del Carmen
- Mahekal Beach Resort Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico