My wife and I stayed here for too short of a time. We had a week to stay in PDC, but wanted to try different hotels during our stay; A mistake. The staff at La Tortuga greet you upon arrival with air conditioning, a cool tropical drink and fantastic hospitality.
We upgraded our room to the "swim out" room. This was awesome as we had a great view of the courtyard. I highly recommend this option.
The bar is small but the right size for those of us who grab your drink and swim, lay in the sun, or sit around the outskirts of the courtyard and read. We had two fantastic bar tenders, Marcos and Vidal. They made awesome drinks and had great personalities.
The Bistro serves good fresh bistro food. They have a nice mix of pastas, meats, soups, etc.
The rooms while a little on the smaller side, are totally adequate for anything you might need.
This place is a total bargain. If my wife and I return to PDC, we will totally stay at La Tortuga.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Tortuga Hotel & Spa, two blocks from the beach and just around the corner from 5th Avenue. Air conditioning, Cable TV, telephone, fan, private bath or shower, bathroom amenity kit, safety box, hair dryer, coffee maker,minibar. Junior Suites and Superior Junior suites feature a Jacuzzi indoors or Rooftop, bath robes, slippers, flat screen tv. Spa services, Pool bar, happy hour, wifi, onsite restaurant Como Como Osteria Mediterranea, solarium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your La Tortuga Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Tortuga Hotel And Spa
- La Tortuga Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- La Tortuga Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel La Tortuga
- La Tortuga Hotel & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico