My two friends and I spent a fabulous week at La Tortuga this March (2009). Looking for a fun getaway for 3 single 20-something girls, we opted for La Tortuga thanks to a friends recommendation. We loved it!
The hotel staff was awesome! They made perfect recommendations for restaurants - we didn't have a bad meal - where to go, what to do, etc. They were very attentive be it with taking bags, delivery towels, etc to the room promptly, showering us with welcome drinks, and were just overall friendly. The waiters and bartenders were so nice too!
Two for one happy hour each night from 5-6pm was a treat when most hotel guests would gather at the bar for the hour. It was very low key and relaxing. Definitely a good place for couples - there were lots - but also great if you're just looking for a quiet getaway. 100% recommended!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Tortuga Hotel & Spa, two blocks from the beach and just around the corner from 5th Avenue. Air conditioning, Cable TV, telephone, fan, private bath or shower, bathroom amenity kit, safety box, hair dryer, coffee maker,minibar. Junior Suites and Superior Junior suites feature a Jacuzzi indoors or Rooftop, bath robes, slippers, flat screen tv. Spa services, Pool bar, happy hour, wifi, onsite restaurant Como Como Osteria Mediterranea, solarium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your La Tortuga Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Tortuga Hotel And Spa
- La Tortuga Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- La Tortuga Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel La Tortuga
- La Tortuga Hotel & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico