My Husband and I stayed for a week in August and really enjoyed a very relaxing trip. The main purpose of our trip was to get some good scuba diving in so we went less expensive on the room and just stayed in their standard room, which was pretty basic but was comfortable, clean, and had great air conditioning. We did hear some traffic especially sirens at night but that is not an unusual sound for the being in a city. Our only complaint was that the light outside the room was very bright even with our blinds shut, we just asked the staff to turn it off and they took care of it with no problem( I think they may have had to unscrew the light bulb). Other than that very comfortable bed, great staff, and service. The pool was really cute and had a ton of shade for those of us who are fair and some nice spots in the sun for those trying to get a nice tan. If we had planned to spend more time in the room I would have sprung for one of the rooms with a private jacuzzi.
Also, the breakfast is pretty good there are 3 or 4 options for the included continental breakfast which was very good, as well as other options that you can pay for. They have several options of homemade juices, we always got watermelon and it was excellent! All are really reasonably priced and the wait staff is excellent.
The beach is a little bit of a walk and the front desk staff will give you directions and a ticket to some of the beach clubs. I cannot say much about these because we spent almost no time on the beach. I was more than happy to sit at the pool where there is shade especially after a day of diving. Also, the hotel will give you a half price coupon to a local gym if you are looking for a nice place to workout.
The hotel is centrally located which makes it easy to get to 5th ave and also an easy walk to the more exciting local places to eat on 10th and on the side streets a little ways away from 5th Ave.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Tortuga Hotel & Spa, two blocks from the beach and just around the corner from 5th Avenue. Air conditioning, Cable TV, telephone, fan, private bath or shower, bathroom amenity kit, safety box, hair dryer, coffee maker,minibar. Junior Suites and Superior Junior suites feature a Jacuzzi indoors or Rooftop, bath robes, slippers, flat screen tv. Spa services, Pool bar, happy hour, wifi, onsite restaurant Como Como Osteria Mediterranea, solarium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Tortuga Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Tortuga Hotel And Spa
- La Tortuga Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- La Tortuga Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel La Tortuga
- La Tortuga Hotel & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico