La Tortuga Hotel & Spa
  • Pool
$191
$587
  • Breakfast included
Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
$297
$217
Barcelo.com
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
$423
$240
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
$401
$289
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
$1,434
$761
Bookit.com
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
$486
$472
$973
$450
2,478 results
All reviewsswim up roomrooftop jacuzzicomo comobeach clubincluded breakfast isattached restaurantboutique hotelcoco bongostandard roomsun deckpool areajunior suitehot tubevery morningshort walk to the beachour honeymoonfifth avenue
Reviewed April 9, 2013

My husband and I have stayed at this hotel on four occasions and I'm looking forward to booking our next trip. This property is beautiful and located in the heart of Playa Del Carmen.

The service is attentive and breakfast at the restaurant is outstanding. The property is small and intimate and if you spend any time at the bar, you will get to know other guests.

We generally stay in the Superior Junior Suite which is a little more spacious. Even the biggest room is a bargain in terms of value with the service and quality of the food.

I recommend this hotel to any one that wants to be close to the action but feel a bit removed.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kwhy
La Tortuga H, Guest Relations Manager at La Tortuga Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear Valued Client,
Thank you so much for sharing your comments with us. It makes us really proud and happy to read a review like yours. For us to have such loyal customers like yourself and to receive such encouraging and positive words is the best reward, for all our hard work and obsessive attention to detail and your comments means that we are truly achieving that La Tortuga Hotel & Spa is renowned for and that is exceeding all expectations of our clients.
On behalf of management and staff, we wish you all the best for the future and we sincerely hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back to La Tortuga Hotel & Spa soon. Keep in touch with us through our facebook page, there you can learn about all our promotions and free upgrades for our repeat clients…

Reviewed April 9, 2013

This was our second stay at La Tortuga and I enjoyed it just as much as the first time - this time we went for a swim-up room instead of the junior suite but the quality was just the same. Very clean, great location, helpfull staff and a top notch breakfast.

I look forward to my next visit!

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mdstephenson

Reviewed April 4, 2013

i only stayed at La Tortuga for one night but it was by far the best night i have ever spent in a hotel. The place was absolutely beautiful and ,though it was quite a bit more expensive than most of the hotels i usually stay in, it was worth every penny. The pool was perfect and very clean. I loved having one of the swim up rooms so i could get right in the pool. Though the floors could get a little slippery once wet. The staff was fantastic. They kept the hotel clean and were increadibly willing to help in anyway to insure my trip was perfect. The actual room itself was truely beautiful (i thought the towel swans was a nice touch). This hotel had the most comfortable bed i have ever slept in, i didnt want to get out of bed the next morning it was so great. I wish i could have stayed much, much longer and been able to enjoy the place and surrounding city more. I cant wait to come back to stay again and i highly recomend that you do too!

Room Tip: Get the swim up room if you want to get into the pool ASAP!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Alexis C

Reviewed April 2, 2013

The hotel was beautiful! A little oasis close to everything! Very quiet, the restaurant an breakfast were outstanding. They served normal amounts of high quality food- not a ton of spongy garbage you are likely to get at many other hotels. Our room has a very small flood (I wouldn't even call it a flood...) and instead of just cleaning it up they upgraded our room. The staff was very friendly. For those who enjoy a nice experience (instead of a typical Cancun-style all-inclusive on a generic beach) I would recommend this hotel! Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KelseyJanePDX

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I only stayed one night at La Torguga this vacation. I've stayed before and had great service, but this time I had such great service that I needed to write a review. My wallet was stolen on my first night in Mexico. Pablo at the front desk spent a long time with me calling my credit card companies to cancel them. He was really patient and helpful, and his service went above and beyond what a hotel concierge generally provides. After sitting there for over an hour calling, one of the owners (Andrea) came out and apologized for this happening to me (even though it did not happen at his establishment). He offered to loan me $1000 for the rest of my trip! I didn't need it because my boyfriend still had his money, but the fact that he offered that to a total stranger was incredibly nice. Andrea left, but apparently he told Pablo to give us a free upgrade to their best room for the night. Again, totally unnecessary and extremely nice. It made us feel very welcome after the unfortunate beginning of our trip. I highly recommend and will stay again because of this.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple