We arrived to a warm and friendly welcome, after dragging our cases all the way from the bus station at the end of 5th. We didn't realise that there is a new station just two blocks from the hotel!
We were given a choice of two rooms and chose no. 31 as it was a two storey room with two queen beds and a single. There were just the two of us so didn't need the extra beds, but the great thing about this room was the sense of space from the height of the room with a mezzanine floor, and the fantastic roof terrace with jacuzzi.
The staff at this hotel are superb. They are professional; friendly but not in your face, nothing is too much trouble. I couldn't get the coffee machine to work and within an hour it had been replaced by a brand new one. I think it was my stupidity rather than the machine, but it was replaced without question.
The pool setting is lovely. It's not a pool to swim in, but ideal for a refreshing dip. It is well designed and surrounded by an oasis of beautiful planting. There is a hot-tub jacuzzi which is great.
The staff constantly sweep up and collect leaves from the pool, but do it in a subtle way so as not to disturb the guests. They remove towels from the comfortable beds and loungers and replace with fresh ones as people come and go, so there is always available beds and towels.
Breakfast is excellent, with a choice of eggs, fruit juice and coffee, and the service is friendly and efficient.
Special mention goes to Brandon who is such a fantastic lad. He's studying tourism at school and working at the hotel as bellboy. One day he will be running the place I'm sure.....
Also Ignacio behind the bar; not just a great cocktail maker, but a really nice man.
We had high expectations of the hotel, and they were far exceeded. We didn't hear any noise from either the street below or Coco Bongo as some reviewers have said, and had the most wonderful time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Tortuga Hotel & Spa, two blocks from the beach and just around the corner from 5th Avenue. Air conditioning, Cable TV, telephone, fan, private bath or shower, bathroom amenity kit, safety box, hair dryer, coffee maker,minibar. Junior Suites and Superior Junior suites feature a Jacuzzi indoors or Rooftop, bath robes, slippers, flat screen tv. Spa services, Pool bar, happy hour, wifi, onsite restaurant Como Como Osteria Mediterranea, solarium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Tortuga Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Tortuga Hotel And Spa
- La Tortuga Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- La Tortuga Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel La Tortuga
- La Tortuga Hotel & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico