So it is playa des carmen and you are neither one tattooed 20 something nor going to spend a week in an all inclusive resort away from town: la tortuga is your hotel.
From the warm and friendly welcome from Anna at front desk, to Fernando who will hold the door for you, the whole staff is nice and ready to help.
La Tortuga is 1 mn away from 5th avenue and very central.
Free wi-fi was available from our room (but slow!)
We were in room 116 which is very nice. We had a private upstairs terrace with Jacuzzi and a hammock in front of our downstairs terrace. Bathroom had a giant bathtub which was nice.
The only downsides : the club "coco bongo" next door can be noisy. It woke us up around 4am the first night (but not the night after).
The breakfast at El bistro is quite good except for the juices that were from a bottle and not freshly squeezed as I had hoped.
Overall I would stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- La Tortuga Hotel & Spa, two blocks from the beach and just around the corner from 5th Avenue. Air conditioning, Cable TV, telephone, fan, private bath or shower, bathroom amenity kit, safety box, hair dryer, coffee maker,minibar. Junior Suites and Superior Junior suites feature a Jacuzzi indoors or Rooftop, bath robes, slippers, flat screen tv. Spa services, Pool bar, happy hour, wifi, onsite restaurant Como Como Osteria Mediterranea, solarium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your La Tortuga Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Tortuga Hotel And Spa
- La Tortuga Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- La Tortuga Playa Del Carmen
- Hotel La Tortuga
- La Tortuga Hotel & Spa Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico