I recently took a vacation, alone!! No kids, no hubby, just me. I booked a room in Paamul, and have stayed here before but it was long ago before they built the new hotel.
I love Paamul! I did my open water certification with Scuba Mex in 1997 and the dives were amazing.
On my last trip, the whole "scheme" was very last minute...my husband was comfortable with my choice because he was familiar with the place. I spoke directly with Jose and booked an ecological cabana. It was terrific. Peaceful, quiet, convenient. I could not have been happier! then on my last night in Paamul, he moved me to an ocean front suite. Bomb.com!! The restaurant is outstanding and there are lots of ex-pats that actually live in Paamul for a good portion of the year.
so let me sum it up for you...
2. relaxing and peaceful
3. friendly people when you want to engage
4. Dive shop on site with super friendly staff (John is the head diver and certified me over 15 years ago)
5. Great food in a restaurant right next to the hotel
6. Decent snorkeling as there is a reef straight in front of your room
7. Convenient! only 12 miles south of Playa del Carmen and close to Tulum too
8. Beautiful rooms; my cabana was rustic, my room was beautiful!
9. Uncrowded and beautiful beach that goes on forever...you just have to "find it"...
If you are looking for everything you need in one place, without a lot of people, this is the place for you. And also, each room has a fridge and microwave. I stopped in the big grocery store in Playa and bought a Styrofoam cooler for my adventures on the road, loaded it up with fruit, pastries, snacks, ice, coke and rum. I was set!! I sat on my porch and fed bananas to the many resident Iguanas. This was one of the BEST trips of my life!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is a dreamy place in the heart of The Riviera Maya next to the Caribbean Sea on one of the most spectacular bays of the Mexican Caribbean. All suites are located 60 ft from the ocean and include two queen size beds, air conditioning, hair dryers, safes, mini refrigerator, coffee makers, microwave, Wi-Fi, Cable TV and private beachfront terrace. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Cabanas Paamul Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Paamul Hotel Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico