Beautiful smaller resort at a wonderful location. Right next to the ferry to Cozumel and within a block of lots of great shopping along 5th Avenue. Nice beach with beautiful views of the blue, blue ocean from nearly every room. Room was most comfortable with all marble floors, jacuzzi, and bathroom, and really comfy beds. We were supposed to get a king bed but when we arrived they had us on the ground floor. We wished a higher floor so we settled for 2 double beds on the 4th floor. Turned out to be a good move. Very quiet also. Sometimes the room didn't get cleaned until later in the day but that wasn't too bad. Food was about what you would expect at a resort, pretty decent, but the Italian dining room was extremely noisy. You could barely hear your dining partner across the table. They really need to do something about the acoustics in there. Pool area could have been a little larger too. Sometimes it was hard to find lounge chairs unless you got up at 7:00 AM and put towels and some personal stuff on a couple to save them like everybody else did. Usually only about a fourth of the chairs were actually occupied by a person at any given time, just towels, books, sandals, etc. piled on them. Don't know how that situation could be remedied but they need to work on it. Also a restroom on the pool level near the bar would be most welcome instead of having to negotiate cement steps in flip flops down to a rather grungy basement area, or making a trip back inside the hotel. We used the $1500 resort dollars they gave us on a trip to the ruins at Tulum which was very interesting. Wish we could have spent more time there instead of the bus leaving to stop at a little roadside handicraft market and at Xpu Ha, one of their sister resorts. It felt like they were just trying to promote their company instead of giving a quality tour of the beautiful Mayan ruins. We also used resort $$ swimming with dolphins which was fun, a steak and lobster romantic candlelight dinner on the beach which was nice, and the rest of the $$ went toward a photo package. We brought home 20 5X7" prints of us in various settings around the resort as well as a disk containing more pictures. They turned out pretty good considering what they had to work with --we are in our 60's and have probably looked better in the past. ;-) The waiters were very professional and friendly as were all the employees that we dealt with. We looked forward to Dionicio at the breakfast buffet every morning and there were so many more whose names I can't recall, but they were all wonderful. One of the main reasons we chose this resort was that we could call back to the states for free from the phone in our room, and you never have to make a reservation for dining in any of the 3 restaurants. We just showed up when we were ready to eat and we were always seated in less than 5 minutes. (Our daughter just got back from Jamaica and she reported having to stand in a long line to make reservations 3 days in advance, and then you had to pick between 6:30 and 9:00. That would be a real pain.) Palace Resorts really have a great system with how they do their dining. All in all, it was a good place to unwind for a week. I wanted to go parasailing but it was too windy most of the time. Each day was mostly sunny and between 80 and 85, but the wind was probably the biggest drawback. (We found that much nicer a year ago at the Vallarta Palace on the west coast where it was not so windy.) If I were doing it all over I would stay a couple more days so there would be time for a trip to Cozumel and a little more lazing by the pool. Good place, go there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playacar Palace, a trendy beachfront resort located steps away from Playa del Carmen's famous 5th Avenue and the Cozumel Ferry Dock. Our all-inclusive, luxury resort features 201 appointed rooms, 3 restaurants and 4 bars. This resort is considered the perfect spot to relax during the day and enjoy the nightlife and charms of "Playa" at night. Playacar Palace is perfect for families, couples, and group getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TravelUp, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Playacar Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playacar Palace Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Mexico
- Playacar Palace Resort
- Playacar Palace Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico