We just returned from another trip to the Cancun/Mayan Riviera area that has now become our most favorite spot to travel. We have stayed at the Aventura Spa Palace in the past and absolutely loved it but wanted to try something new. Our TA recommended that we give the Playacar Palace a try. While they do allow children at the resort, it is not really set up to provide kids with lots of entertainment so there aren't really very many ever there. Unlike the Moon Palace where kids are EVERYWHERE.
The Playacar Palace is much smaller than those other 2 mega resorts and we enjoyed the intimate feeling. It has 3 restaurants that were more than enough to provide lots of variety and the service was exceptional as usualy. The pool is stunning and appears as if it hangs right over the ocean. It has a great swim up bar where we seemed to spend quite a bit of time! There is a beach and it is very pretty. It is not super wide but there is plenty of room. Plus, this resort is right next to Playa del Carmen with all of their lovely beaches and it is so convenient to walk a few steps into town to go shopping or check out the nightlife.
If you want to see Cozumle, or visit the Cozumel Palace resort, there is a ferry right there that can take you over. It is easy and fast and you can have a great day trip and not even spend any money on food and drinks since you can eat at Cozumel Palace for free.
The rooms at this hotel are stunning. The same huge grecian marble jacuzzi that appears to be a standard for a palace resort, plus large, comfy beds in light, neutral colors. We even had a sitting area with a couch, coffee table, and 2 chairs. The bathrooms are large with double vanities and a big walk in shower. They have the stocked bar and mini fridge in the room and we had an awesome balcony
with an incredible view of the ocean.
The only downside is that the gym and spa are located off property. But they do provide shuttle service every few minutes and it is within easy walking distance. Our TA got us free massage, manicures, and pedicures with your package so we wanted to take advantage of those and they were fabulous.
This is one that goes on the list of places to return. Our TA was Normanne Gibson with [----]. I got her name from some of the girls on [----] who seem to do lots of research. She was great and not only got us the best price but also lots of extra stuff. We really appreciate her and will use her again too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playacar Palace, a trendy beachfront resort located steps away from Playa del Carmen's famous 5th Avenue and the Cozumel Ferry Dock. Our all-inclusive, luxury resort features 201 appointed rooms, 3 restaurants and 4 bars. This resort is considered the perfect spot to relax during the day and enjoy the nightlife and charms of "Playa" at night. Playacar Palace is perfect for families, couples, and group getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Playacar Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playacar Palace Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Mexico
- Playacar Palace Resort
- Playacar Palace Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico