My family and I were looking to venture to an all-inclusive resort for our summer vacation this year, and some family friends of ours suggested Playacar Palace. We took their word for it, and now we will forever be in their debt. Playacar Palace exceeded our expectations every single day we were there (7 days, to be exact). The view from our room overlooked the ocean, and the resort itself was easy to navigate once we got settled. Everything from the food, drinks, entertainment, staff, water, views, experience....EVERYTHING was amazing! Every morning we woke up, lathered ourselves with sunscreen, and meandered down to Cafe del Mar to enjoy the enormous and tasty breakfast buffet. We took a seat on the outside deck where our waiter Ayanei Ceteyda would serve us flavorful coffee and wisk away our empty plates to make room for our next round of fresh fruit, omelets, hash browns, bacon, and poached eggs. Then we would mark our spot in the poolside chairs near the swim-up bar and wait until 10:30 when water stretching would begin. Ivan, Aline, Livia, Cesar, Alexander, and Mindrukis (the Entertainment Team) captured our hearts during our stay, all because of their enthusiastic spirit and contagious happiness that they shared with us each day. They provided daily activities of water aerobics, volleyball, trivia games, silly games, water polo, guessing games, dancing, and tons and tons of laughter. The Aqua Bar staff (Marco, Carmen, Fernando, Sandra Veronica, and company) always made us feel so welcome, and they seemed genuinely excited to see our faces every single morning. The entertainment team and the rest of the pool staff were the reasons that we ditched the excursions we had planned on doing and spent everyday with them, playing games and learning how to make traditional Mexican dishes and beverages and just enjoying each others' company. They offered to show us popular bars along the beaches at night, and they let us dominate the Karaoke night at Luna Lounge when no one else was willing to sing. The entire staff was so happy to serve and just BE with the guests. You were waited on constantly, no matter what your need may have been. They were always going to be there to help make your day the best day ever, always going above and beyond. We heard good things from all of the other guests that we hung out with about the daily excursions to Cozymel, Mayan ruins, Cancun, etc. that they took. We hope that we can fit a few of those into our schedule during our next visit...as long as we don't miss the daily game of volleyball with the guests and entertainment team! If you are thinking of a family vacation, a honeymoon trip, or just need an adventure, look no further. Playacar Palace is your warm home away from home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playacar Palace, a trendy beachfront resort located steps away from Playa del Carmen's famous 5th Avenue and the Cozumel Ferry Dock. Our all-inclusive, luxury resort features 201 appointed rooms, 3 restaurants and 4 bars. This resort is considered the perfect spot to relax during the day and enjoy the nightlife and charms of "Playa" at night. Playacar Palace is perfect for families, couples, and group getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Playacar Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playacar Palace Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Mexico
- Playacar Palace Resort
- Playacar Palace Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico