This was our 2nd stay at Playacar Palace, and it did not leave us wanting for more. Not only was the weather perfect everyday, but the hotel and its staff were better than we remembered from last year.
First - the breakfast staff (Israel, Dionicio, Sotero, Guadelope and Edgar) are the best. There is nothing that you need that they don't try to provide in service. Once they get to know you and what you like, they have it there waiting for you, as soon as they see you coming in the door. They go out of their way, everyday.
Can't forget Perla, who provides for all your needs out by the pool and on the beach. She does not stop, and you are never without a drink or a snack. She tries to make sure you never have to get up from the lounge.
But if you do want to get up, Cesar is a fantastic Recreation/Activities Director. Whether he is leading the Water Aerobics class in the morning, getting kids out to have some fun or pulling together a game of beach volleyball, he tries to get you engaged if you have an interest. And if not, he's more than happy to just say hi and move on.
If you stay, make sure to take advantage of the spa. You can use up to $300 of your hotel credits for spa treatments, but that won't be enough, as it is a top rated facility. Better than most in the states and the staff also tries to make sure you have everything you need.
Hotel is right next to the Cozumel Ferry. We went to the Cozumel Palace for the day and get full access to the facility just by showing our Playacar bracelets. Great kids activities in the pool and you can go snorkeling off their property, since Playacar is just beach and Cozumel is on the reef.
Make sure to see the Vacation Planners to schedule use of your hotel credits. You can use them for swimming with dolphins and stingrays, spa treatments, upgraded wine, golf, etc... Look for Gustavo and his team, as they are very helpful in helping you to get everything you can out of the stay. Oh, and the nightly shows are great.
Anyway, in short... FANTASTIC place and we look forward to returning again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playacar Palace, a trendy beachfront resort located steps away from Playa del Carmen's famous 5th Avenue and the Cozumel Ferry Dock. Our all-inclusive, luxury resort features 201 appointed rooms, 3 restaurants and 4 bars. This resort is considered the perfect spot to relax during the day and enjoy the nightlife and charms of "Playa" at night. Playacar Palace is perfect for families, couples, and group getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelsClick, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Playacar Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playacar Palace Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Mexico
- Playacar Palace Resort
- Playacar Palace Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico