“Best Trip Ever!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 212 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
Orlando, Florida
“Best Trip Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

We got married at Playacar Palace and could not dream of anything better! The hotel is beautiful and the staff was amazing. Dionne in the main buffet restaurant, Leonard by the pool and the bar at night, and Alma by the pool helped us most of the time and they were great! The bartenders also were awesome by the pool, tons of fun! We came with a group of 45 people and we all had the best time! Our wedding coordinator on site, Jasmine, was awesome as well! We can't wait to come back… hopefully next week :)

Room Tip: You are never in your room except for at night, the hot tubs are in every room so I think they are a...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PlayacarPalaceGM, General Manager at Playacar Palace, responded to this review, February 8, 2014
Dear Katie G

We truly appreciate your review, was lovely to receive you at Playacar Palace for such an special day as your wedding!.
Our top priority is to offer an exceptional service to each of our guest and in this case, we created memories, and was very special for all of us be part of that, thank you.

Yazmin, Dioni, Alma and all the Playacar Family feel proud and happy to see this review, and make it possible.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again very soon! Fell free to contact me for your firts anniversary.

Playacar Palace G.M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,070)
  • Korean first
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

The fact that my husband nor I have ever written a review for any resort or hotel and I am now compelled to do so should give you all the confidence in the world to book at the Playacar Palace. We stayed there with three other couples from January 29th, 2014 to February 5th, 2014 and we had a blast! I could tell you all about the fantastic quality of the facilities, how wonderful the food was and the fact that the hotel is a 5 minute walk to 5th Avenue in Playa.....but you can read that from other reviews. I will spend the rest of this review telling you about the amazing team they have in place to ensure your stay will be memorable.

Every morning we would enjoy our breakfast in the Cafe Del Mar and find that either Dionicio or Porfirio would have our Latte ready when we sat down....great timing! Artemio, Celeste and Francisco were also wonderful servers who made sure we were never wanting for anything in the Cafe! We all ate in Mo-Mo-No-Ha-Ha three times and were fortunate to have Victor serve us twice.....I can tell you that we have all worked in the restaurant business at some time in our lives and we all agreed he was among the best servers we have ever had. The timing of our appetizers, sushi, soups and main courses was impeccable. I can also let you know that the sushi was among the best we have ever eaten......

My husband spent a disproportionate amount of time at the pool bar while I was tanning by the pool and he made amigos all of the bartenders, particularly Gerado, Marco and Jesus. Their stories and constant smiles kept the boys busy, entertained and in good "spirits" all day! While the boys were at the pool bar both Martha and Berenice were ensuring that us girls always had either plenty of water or white wine on hand. We all agreed that Antonio may have been the happiest person we have ever met....always smiling, Antonio made our experiences wonderful where ever we saw him.

It was truly our pleasure getting to know every member of the Palace team....each and every one made our week in Playa all the sweeter! Let me assure you we could have written about all of them, the ones I have mentioned stuck out in my mind for their ability to exceed our expectations for service. We will be going back in 2015 and can't wait to see our Amigos and Amigas once again!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jen D
Dear Jen D

What a review!!Thank you very much for such an extense review about Playacar Palace. Your comments about us will make us better day by day.

Let me assure you that our only goal day by day is the comfort of our guests and everyone is doing their greatest effort to create memories and make our guests feel welcome.

Dionisio, Celeste, Artemio, Berenice, Marco, Gerardo, Jesus, Victor, Antonio and the entire Playacar family is the secret of Playacar Palace. As you mentioned,we work harder and harder day by day to get as close as we can to perfection

Please let me know if you have any requests to make your next stay even more comfortable. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Best Wishes and hasta Pronto

Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014

I had previously stayed at Playacar Palace with my daughter and I wanted to take the whole family for a day trip to show them how wonderful of a property this is..we were NOT disappointed . We felt welcome from the moment we stepped out of the car, as if we were guests staying at the hotel. Drinks were offered without having to look for a waiter, help was offered immediately on finding our way around the resort.

We enjoyed a morning of sitting on the beach,swimming in the wonderful ocean and enjoying drinks. The beach service is the best I have encountered. Prompt, and frequent, we never had to look from a waitress/waiter.

At lunch we were welcomed with great enthusiasm by the staff who remembered me and my daughter from our previous trip (how do they remember everyone is beyond me!) Donicio was our waiter and was wonderful.. he remembered what I like to drink and went beyond what is expected of a waiter. All of the other employees were very attentive as well, and I am sorry that I can't recall all of their names.

We also did a little bit of shopping on 5th avenue, but couldn't wait to come back to the resort to visit with the staff. They are so warm and always greet you with a smile and a hello, whether they know you or not. Unfortunately, we could not stay for dinner that night, although I wish we had.

The best part of the visit is that I have convinced by husband that we should go there for a whole week and soon.

See you soon Playacar Palace!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you CanadianHey for your comments

It is very rewarding to read such complementary comments regarding your stay at Playacar Palace. I am glad to know you and all your family enjoyed every step of the way.

At Playacar, our guests are well known by name and no by brazalet or room number, that help us to create special moments like yours.

It is a pleasure to know that the Playacar Family continues toproviding an outstanding service to our guests. We all at PLayacar Palace look forward to welcome you back and provide you many more memorable experiences.

Playacar Palace G.M
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

A group of us stayed at the Playacar Palace for our Best Friend’s wedding from January 24, 2014 - January 31, 2014...and the week was NOT long enough! The hotel was absolutely beautiful. The rooms were clean, spacious, and they provided CHI hair and bath products, straightener and blow dryer...so awesome!

The food was absolutely amazing, fresh, hot, and quite the variety. We had the pleasure of getting to know Rodolpho (waiter in the buffet area) who was always around during dinner time, always offering us drinks, at one point I couldn't find the guacamole, and he went and got me some! He was awesome. We also had the pleasure of getting to know Dionicio again in the buffet area for lunch time, and he was also a waiter at my friend’s wedding. He was amazing as well...he even made us an iced coffee every morning, as soon as we'd get in, he'd seat us, and bring us his special delicious drink!!! He was always asking us if everything was ok, and if we needed anything else. Probably one of my new favorite amigos! :) We ate at the Italian restaurant and it was sooooo goood BOTH times, and the Japanese was to die for. We ate at the restaurant part of the Japanese Restaurant one time and the sushi was soo fresh, and then the second time we ate at the Hibachi table and Mario was unreal. He even let one of the group members try and crack the egg which was soo fun!

The beach was sooo beautiful, white sand, turquoise water, NOT overcrowded and amazing service! Nora was amazing, as soon as we'd finish a drink, she was right there asking us if we needed another! The food at the pool grill was sooo good as well. The service was impeccable! I've never been to a hotel where the food was grilled fresh, and then brought to you on the beach! It was amazing!!!! All of the bartenders at the pool were awesome! Drinks were made within minutes, and they were perfect! Sooo good...not water downed or too much alcohol (we specified 1 shot).

The Meet and Greet and the Wedding Day was absolutely perfect with the assistance of Alfredo (even coordinator?) , Antonio (waiter), Perla (waitress), Luis (waiter) and Dionicio (waiter)! We had the privilege of ‘Dream Team' bartend, and attend to us during both events!!!! They made sure no one’s drink was ever empty without being offered another, and they had smiles on their faces the entire time! They were probably the friendliest workers that we met, and they made the trip even BETTER! We looked forward to seeing and chatting with them every day in the main lobby bar area, and the Luna Lounge, they took very good care of us!!! They also remembered our names, and made sure that if they saw us...they'd say HOLA! We also really enjoyed the company of Angel in the main lobby bar area! We LOVED his stories, and we'd stay up late chatting with him too!

The location of this hotel was perfect. Minutes from the 5th Avenue Market and 15 min tour bus ride to Xcaret! We never had to cab it anywhere.

The only downfall of this resort I’d stay was the night time entertainment. The shows were unreal...but if there was no show that evening, the music in the Luna Lounge was too 'loungy' they need to play more top 40 to get people to dance!!!

Overall my rating for this hotel is 10/10!!! Would I go back?! YES! In fact I’m trying to convince my husband we need to do another trip there this summer!!!

Thank you Playacar Palace Staff for making my friend’s wedding everything she wanted and more, and for making it such a memorable trip for us all!

Looking forward to staying here again!!!!

3 Thank Trisha K
PlayacarPalaceGM, General Manager at Playacar Palace, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you very much for such an extense review. Angel, Dinisio, Perla, Alfredo Luis, Mario and the entire Playacar Family that makes possible comments like yours, really appreciate it.

Please, do not hesitate to contact me before your next visit to create great memories and unforgetables moments!!

Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Playacar Palace for our daughters wedding in May 2013. The hotel is in need of some refurbishment which we understood would be happening in the near future. We were greeted by name by a lady who said that she would explain our resort credits. However what she also wanted to explain was the resort "buy in" option which was a two hour presentation. The rooms were adequate, a little overcrowded if there was an extra bed or cot in them but that is often the way. Hair straighteners were provided as well as hair dryers, a nice touch.
The restaurants served fresh hot food and there was always plenty of variety. The Italian restaurant was superb, the food amazing and the staff very attentive. Special thanks to Pedro who made our evenings there great, especially the evening of the wedding. On the downside however, the service was mainly very slow, even when we were the first in. That is great when you are having dinner as a couple or with friends, however with 2 small children to entertain, this could be quite trying.
The service around the pool bar was excellent. Again, special thanks to Nora for this. Note for hotel management. Do not offer all brands of gin and then spoil it with cheap tonic. This made a G n T undrinkable and we bought our branded tonic from the supermarket.
The positives of this holiday and resort were spoiled by the fact that 6 of the 8 or our party had upset stomachs during our stay which persisted when we got home. This included our 14 month old grandson and his mother who was pregnant. We had eaten exclusively in the hotel so there were no externally factors to consider. To return home after two weeks in a 5 star all inclusive resort and weigh less than when you went says a lot about the condition we had contracted. On return, I emailed the resort to express concerns re this matter to which I received a very defensive email back regarding the fact that the hygiene inspections were up to date and no problems had been identified.
The hotel is in a beautiful location on a lovely beach, right at the edge of the resort. Would I recommend this resort? Would I return to the resort? I guess the answer is that it has a lot going for it however I would be cautious due the the problems that we had and I am also concerned at the defensive reaction of the management to whom I raised my concerns. As a health professional, I felt a duty to ask the questions but felt that it was not taken seriously.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Sue E
I want to thank you for your new review on TRIPADVISOR and the time to write it, especially important for being from an experienced contributor.

I would like to have the opportunity to be in contact with you, with the intention of explain you all the changes since your last visit, almost a year ago, you will realize that some of your comments are not updated. So many good work and good things happened during the time, and I would like to explained them personally.

You have my mail from the last year, so please, feel free to write me anytime

Greetings

D .Rubio
Wilder, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

This was our first stay At Playacar Palace and we were not disappointed. We stayed 01/16 - 01/23/14. Being in Playa del Carmen we were close to many attractions and by being at the Playacar Palace we were a block off of 5th Ave. The food was so good I blew my diet, but the gym was well equipped and all the walking on 5th Ave. kept the pounds off. The spa was wonderful, all of the staff very friendly, and our room kept up daily. Beautiful beaches, turquoise water, and right by the ferry. Who could ask for more? We will definitely return.

Room Tip: We stayed in 529 and loved it. Great view from balcony of pool and ocean and I only heard our "...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write your review and thank you for your comments.

We also want to thank you for choosing us for your holidays and we feel glad you enjoyed our service welcome to the Playacar family. We consider you already part of the Playacar Family

Congratulations, our best wishes to Idaho and ... Hasta pronto!

Muskego, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

I stayed here Jan. 20th through the 28th 2014 and I enjoyed everything about the stay. The hotel is a bit older, with chipping paint...showing age...but everything is white and CLEAN. The pool staff was fantastic! Ivan, Cesar, Luis, Juana, Sandra, Gerardo, and Aline were so much fun. Jauna and Sandra never let our cups get empty! They remembered our names and always made us feel welcomed! I would definately go back. I like that the resort is smaller and more personable. I upgraded my original room to one that overlooked the pool area verses the back of the building and I am glad I did. Was nice to see the ocean in the mornings. Beach is very clean and maintained. Great area to swim in the ocean too...no rocks..all sand! The food was great in the Italian and Asain resturaunts! I used my hotel credits for wine and I only had to pay $7 difference to upgrade from the house wine. Good deal.

Room Tip: go look at your room before you actually check in..I did and then upgraded for $99 for the whole wee...
Dear JenniFER c

I would like to thank you for share your experience with us. Ivan, Cesar, Luis, Juana, Sandra, Gerardo, and Aline were so much fun. Juana, Sandra ...and the entire Playacar Family truly appreciate and are very glad to know that you enjoyed the facilities, food, activities and the service provided by our Staff who makes always their best.

I want to thank your once again for your preference and hope to see you again in Playacar Palace
Best regards,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa del Carmen
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
Grand Velas Riviera Maya
#2 of 212 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,836 reviews
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Es...
#32 of 212 in Playa del Carmen
Now Jade Riviera Cancun
Now Jade Riviera Cancun
#9 of 26 in Puerto Morelos
4.5 of 5 bubbles 8,070 reviews

Been to Playacar Palace? Share your experiences!