This was our 4th stay at Playacar Palace. Even though it rained most of the time we were there (an unusual occurance for this time of year), we enjoyed our week with family and friends - 8 of us total. There was a great Mexican Independence Day Dinner Buffet and Folkloric Dancers dressed in costume for entertainment. The rain was accomodating, and waited until everyone was done with dinner and the dancers had completed their routines. The beach and pool are always clean and inviting. The Spa was awesome! Hubby and I each had a massage. The 'Chef's Dinner' accompanied by wine selections for each course was informative, entertaining and delicious. Our rooms were always clean and well stocked - just LOVE the large walk-in shower. The food in all three restaurants (Buffet, Italian, and Asian) was always well prepared and enjoyable. We all went to the Tempanaki Show in the Asian restaurant and enjoyed the demonstration/show (yeah Mario), as well as the food that was prepared. We went back a second night and had coconut shrimp - out of this world! Staying at Playacar Palace makes for a wonderful vacation, but just as everyone else says, the best thing about it are the employees! ! ! Kudos to ALL of them - too many to mention individually - they all deserve recognition. We are already looking forward to our vacation again next September.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playacar Palace, a trendy beachfront resort located steps away from Playa del Carmen's famous 5th Avenue and the Cozumel Ferry Dock. Our all-inclusive, luxury resort features 201 appointed rooms, 3 restaurants and 4 bars. This resort is considered the perfect spot to relax during the day and enjoy the nightlife and charms of "Playa" at night. Playacar Palace is perfect for families, couples, and group getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Jetsetter, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Playacar Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playacar Palace Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Mexico
- Playacar Palace Resort
- Playacar Palace Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico