First I will say that the location is unbeatable and the staff does an excellent job with what they are given. However, there are some HUGE holes in the overall experience. If it wasn't for the location and the efforts of the staff this would be a one-star review. First, we missed a connecting flight (through no fault of our own) I called the resort to tell them we wouldn't be able to make it until the following day but that I would like to extend my stay by a day. They INSISTED on charging me for the first night, even though it was beyond our control. I asked to speak to a manager about this, they told me that was their policy, deal with it. There isn't a hotel/resort worth a damn that would EVER charge a guest for something like this, especially since we were extending our stay, they were still getting the same amount of revenue from us. Secondly, the rooms, they aren't comforting or inviting, make sure you know your travel partner VERY well because there is ZERO privacy in the bathroom area. The rooms are more Comfort Inn than they are JW Marriott, keep your expectations low, anyone who gives this place a 5 star review has never stayed at a 5 star resort, that's for sure. Third, the food, aside from the Asian themed restaurant the food here is on-par with a microwave dinner, the best thing I found on the buffet in 5 days was a pizza that I'm pretty sure was a Tony's Frozen Pie.
I arrived with a bad taste in my mouth on account of their unwillingness to work with my travel issue, they never redeemed themselves. All they would've had to do is waive the cancellation fee from the night we were unable to stay and we would've been a lot happier than we are now. I would recommend staying somewhere else, they clearly aren't interested in your return trip, they sure aren't interested in mine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playacar Palace, a trendy beachfront resort located steps away from Playa del Carmen's famous 5th Avenue and the Cozumel Ferry Dock. Our all-inclusive, luxury resort features 201 appointed rooms, 3 restaurants and 4 bars. This resort is considered the perfect spot to relax during the day and enjoy the nightlife and charms of "Playa" at night. Playacar Palace is perfect for families, couples, and group getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Playacar Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playacar Palace Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Mexico
- Playacar Palace Resort
- Playacar Palace Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico