“OUTSTANDING!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 212 Hotels in Playa del Carmen
North Platte, NE
“OUTSTANDING!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

We spent 7 days at Playacar Palace in April 2013. Had no complaints. Plenty of pool chairs, no problems getting umbrella, great ocean view room. All the staff were very helpful and also had a smile on their faces. This was our fourth Palace resort and have enjoyed all of them. Enjoyed the Playacar Palace the best due to the small surf of the ocean and the resort being small and not crowded as opposed to the Palaces in Cancun. Centrally located and easy to get to ferry and also Senor Frogs was just a few steps from the resort. Great experience and planning on bringing friends back next year.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,070)
  • Korean first
Spring Valley, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Just say No! to the sales presentation. Staff is awesome, pampering us in every way, food is great, beach is perfect. Just say No! to the sales presentation. Spa experience is wonderful - be sure to try the Hydrotherapy. Ahhhhhh...... Just say No! to the sales presentation!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

Just spent 7 days here with 26 friends and family members for my wedding and part of our honeymoon. I was so nervous something would go wrong planning a wedding from a different country - but everything went PERFECTLY. The hotel is beautiful. The location is perfect. The staff is the BEST I have ever had. They are all happy and SO helpful. The General Manager is present and helpful, too. It's nice to see a property where every single employee has pride in their work. The food was delicious. I really cannot say one bad thing about our trip. I had some people in the group with hard-to-please taste and I was nervous about them being at an all-inclusive. They loved it as much as we all did. I will never stay at any other all-inclusive. Playacar Palace is truly the best. We even visited a few other Palace properties while in Riviera Maya, and we kept saying "Let's go back home to our hotel!" It is the best one with the absolute best staff. SOOOO many thanks to David, Victor - our new friend, Carolina - you went above and beyond for our wedding, Leonardo, Joshuwa, Javier, Cesar, Allie, Catalina, Mara, Alexander...I wish I could remember every single person's name because you all are AMAZING! Thanks so much for the trip of a lifetime. We will be back!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Katelyn B
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2013

We spend 6 nights/7 days at this resort and we really enjoyed the good service and location that this hotel has to offer. We liked this hotel because it is not a huge hotel but it has all that you need, the location and the beach are perfect and the service at the room, pool and beach were excellent. Many thanks to Nanda Van Zwam from Beach Bum Vacation who always does her best to arrange our vacation.

The food was ok not bad, breakfast was very good, plenty choices, lunch was good too, but dinner menu did not change during our stay, in fact, it did change but only one night so we were disappointed.The spa it is really nice and beautiful and service was excellent.

Here is my room for improvement for this hotel: Hotel is a little bit dated so some minor repairs can be done such as painting, broken wall and titles. Dinner menu need to change daily, specially when we are staying for more than 2 nights.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
16 Thank Elvira I
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

I had the opportunity to spend 5 days at this beautiful resort and I cannot explain how happy I am that we decided to stay there! The service was great and each staff member greeted us with a friendly smile and warm welcome, no matter what their role was at the hotel or what time of the day it was. In fact, after we got back home, my husband realized he forgot a couple of items in our room and Nataly was in constant contact with me until I received the items. Each facility exceed my expectations from the spa, to the pool, to the restaurants, to the bars, to the rooms and beyond. The beach was beautiful and it seemed like Playacar Palace had their own private beach, although that isn’t true. The location is excellent; just steps away from the infamous 5th street, Senor Frogs and even the ferry port to Cozumel! It was nice to see how many weddings took place during our stay at Playacar Palace; this resort is definitely a great venue for a wedding, romantic getaway, a relaxing weekend, or a fun group getaway, such as the one my husband and I were on with 60 people! I would highly recommend staying here and my husband and I will definitely be back in the future!

Room Tip: Our room came with excellent amenities and an awesome view!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Moosa925
McKinney, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

I'm pretty laid back and am not terribly picky, so I hope you don't read this and think I'm tough to please because I'm really not. This was the third Palace resort I have stayed at (Cozumel and Sun Palace are they others) and there were pros and cons about this one, while I loved every aspect of Cozumel and Sun. We went with another couple and this was their first time at a Palace Resort.

First, its older and not as nice as the others. Its nice but its little things like the walls needing paint in the halls, the room tubs are smaller than other Palace hotels, etc. When we checked in, we weren't offered an option to use our resort credit to upgrade rooms, which we normally do, and were kinda rushed though the process and the presentation they give you on the timeshare thing in the lobby. I'd say the service desk customer service seemed to lack compared to other Palace resorts we've stayed at. Tough to put my finger on exactly what it was, I guess. Just not as attentive or receptive. I had a minor issue regarding room property and left a message for the public relations group and never got a response.

Our first room was at one end of the hotel and there was from pier drilling going on outside our room. This went on till 7:30pm for two days. I called and asked to be relocated, which we were to room 101 on day 3 of our 5 day trip. 101 was great, walked right out and were steps from the beach. Really made up for the drilling fiasco.

The food depended on where you ate. The hibachi/Chinese food and Italian restaurants were great. I mean, really good. I bet I ate my weight in sushi. Angel is one of the managers and he's tremendous. Breakfast and the buffet were just ok.

The pool and beach are what makes this place. The beach is amazing and the pool scene was relaxing and service was solid. I made a new best friend in Tom Collins that week (drink joke). They kept the place clean and did away with the towel card thing, which was a beating at other places.

Played golf at the Moon Palace and had a good time, greens were slow but the course was beautiful. Service was ok there.

In summary, if I had to do it over again, I don't know that I'd go back to this Palace resort. It's not that its bad, it just didn't blow me away like the others did.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms on the opposite side of the pier. I don't know if its hotel construction or ano...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
PlayacarPalaceGM, General Manager at Playacar Palace, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Dear 26MikeH26

I want to thank you for the time to write you review on TRIPADVISOR your review. All of us try to create an unforgettable day with a smile and the best attitude.

I want to apologies for the inconvenience about the noise. Unfortunately our guests were affected for a drilling from the condos next door, and moving rooms was the best we could do. We will work really hard to improve all the points mentioned, and we hope you can see them in any other visit.
All the Playacar Family thanks you and please, feel free to contact me for questions or request for your next visit as you did it before.

Hasta Pronto

D. Rubio
Playacar Palace G.M
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

A friend of mine was getting married here so my girlfriends and I decided to make it a girls trip. On the plus side, the resort is small, which is fine. The staff is great, very friendly and efficient. Food is ok, but nothing great. Minus: We were supposed to get a room upgrade and did not. Our room was a bit withered. It needs an update. There is a massive jacuzzi tub taking up half the room.

My major complaint is the resort credit. It's a total scam and a waste. We wanted a nice relaxing trip, we didn't want to spend it on a shuttle bus. You can pretty much only use your credit for excursions that we were not interested in. The max you can use at the spa was $150. We had a $750 credit and couldn't use it. They said we could use it for a bathing suit, a pair of sunglasses or a bathing suit in the gift shop or a credit at a jewelry store at another resort, 45 minutes away. They just shouldn't offer it. It left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear BigOtie

Thank you for the time to write your review and thank you for your comments; I can assure you that will make us better day by day.
The rooms are assign a few days before the arrivals and we always assign the category that was reserve and paid. Up grades are with extra charge and always depend on the availability of the Hotel. If we couldn’t sale an upgrade was because of that.

Our 1500 usd Resort Credits Promotion includes a lot of excursions, services, products…the fact of not been interested in the services or products offer doesn’t devalue the promotion.

Our best wishes and feel free to contact me for any questions or comments

Hasta pronto

Grand Velas Riviera Maya
#2 of 212 in Playa del Carmen
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,835 reviews
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Esmeralda
Paradisus Playa Del Carmen La Es...
#32 of 212 in Playa del Carmen
Now Jade Riviera Cancun
Now Jade Riviera Cancun
#9 of 26 in Puerto Morelos
4.5 of 5 bubbles 8,070 reviews

Been to Playacar Palace? Share your experiences!