My new husband and I held our destination wedding at the Playacar Palace. It was simply amazing! The location (near 5th Ave, and the Cozumel ferry), amenities, event coordination and execution, and staff were all stellar! Originally we didn't intend to have a "real" wedding, mostly due to cost. The Palace changed our minds. In the planning stages I worked primarily with Dulce on details. She was very helpful, knowledgeable, and patient (especially when I asked for the same information numerous different times) Once there, the event was coordinated by Wilma. She was also fantastic, thorough, and conspicuously present to ensure all went well at all times. The amount of work and cost for the caliber of event we received was nothing compared to what would have been necessary domestically. We had roughly 50+ people to come share in our celebration. The hotel provided a number of different deals based on attendance (measured in room nights), so we were able to have a rehearsal dinner, wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all complimentary. We spent our budget on photography, a few decorations (above what they provide as compliments) an upgraded cake (not quite like the picture we had requested, but a valiant effort) and the reception dance floor and music system (our own iPod mix, and whatever friends had on their phones). We definitely didn't need a DJ! These things were provided by hotel recommended vendors. All worked out wonderfully. Our event food (at all events) was better than what was provided in the hotel restaurants. This is not to say the all inclusive options weren't good. They were, and via the reports of my friends that do the all-inclusive thing often, it was better than most. The spa was great, with many options. Although, it could be hard to get an appointment on the spot. Nonetheless, it was well worth the wait. I was even told that if you sit through a 1.5 hr. pitch you can even get another $250 that can all be used at the spa. During my stay I had a pedicure (they do need more color options), hydrotherapy (everyone gets this with massage type services), a 60 min massage, complimentary 25 min massage, and body scrub. Most of this was obtained with resort credits, leaving only taxes to pay. Our room was great, Concierge level. Room layout and size are all roughly the same. The level, from what I can tell, reflects the view and in room amenities (espresso coffee, bottomless liquor, whirlpool tub, etc.). Our wedding package, with our size of group, included our stay at the Concierge level for a week FOR FREE (minus tip, etc). We're waiting on the reimbursement, but the catch is that you have to book everyone through the same source. If through the hotel, the hotel reimburses. If through a travel agent (our option) you have to check with the travel company. We weren't aware of this distinction which was the singular hiccup. After a little sorting this should be resolved. It was this piece that allowed us to have a killer time, and spend our money on things we really wanted. The entire premise of a destination wedding requires a couple to be comfortable shifting wedding costs to guests, but for about $4000 we lived it up, and made amazing memories with people who loved us enough to travel far and spend a chunk of change. The Palace isn't the cheapest option on the Playa del Carmen strip, but it was far from the most expensive. The balance was perfect. Our guests had an amazing time and are still talking about it! The cherry on top may have been the promptly delivered cash of warm towels for all of us who jumped into the pool at the end of the reception! We can't have been the first crew to do this, but at all times the Palace made us feel special! Thanks for everything!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playacar Palace, a trendy beachfront resort located steps away from Playa del Carmen's famous 5th Avenue and the Cozumel Ferry Dock. Our all-inclusive, luxury resort features 201 appointed rooms, 3 restaurants and 4 bars. This resort is considered the perfect spot to relax during the day and enjoy the nightlife and charms of "Playa" at night. Playacar Palace is perfect for families, couples, and group getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Playacar Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playacar Palace Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Mexico
- Playacar Palace Resort
- Playacar Palace Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico