The staff is wonderful and food and service good, but as a VIP member that spent LOTS of money, the management sure isn't catering to us. We've been twice in the 2 months. The first time, we had to wait until nearly 4 PM for our room. Our daughter was with us and had a separate room, but no DVD player - with a 14 month old that needed entertainment. We got a DVD player for them, but it took a couple days. we ran across a number of members and all said the same thing we did. Whether it was at the beach, room selection, or special requests, members sure didn't get special treatment. Wedding parties seemed to get the best rooms and one our friends indicated they got a room facing the parking lot until they complained.
It's a great place to stay, but unless they change things, don't bother to join.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playacar Palace, a trendy beachfront resort located steps away from Playa del Carmen's famous 5th Avenue and the Cozumel Ferry Dock. Our all-inclusive, luxury resort features 201 appointed rooms, 3 restaurants and 4 bars. This resort is considered the perfect spot to relax during the day and enjoy the nightlife and charms of "Playa" at night. Playacar Palace is perfect for families, couples, and group getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Playacar Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playacar Palace Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Mexico
- Playacar Palace Resort
- Playacar Palace Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico