We stayed a week and had my son's wedding there. The staff were fantastic, especially Blanca at the bar and Patricia and Isreal in the restaurant, but they were all friendly, polite and helpful at all times. Our room looked out to the ocean, and had everything we wanted, including a spa bath. The only downside was on the last night when we needed to get an early night and get up very early the next morning to catch a flight. There was a wedding that night and it was on the beach directly in front of our room. The music was very loud and it went on all night, so that when the alarm went off at 3:30am, we had had no sleep at all, the music was still going and we were completely unrested. We had a long journey and 4 flights ahead of us, so it was not a good end to what was otherwise a fabulous holiday all round. The resort credits went mostly unused as there were not enough things to use them on. If I stayed again I would use them to upgrade the room from the start of the stay. We tried to upgrade a few days into our stay, but there were no rooms available. We loved swimming with the dolphins, despite initial reservations about their environment and conditions, and were very impressed at the dedication of their trainers and the standard of the facility. The spa was nice but it always took so long to make the bookings, that in the end I couldn't be bothered sitting through another session at the reservation desk, so didn't use all those credits either. I recommend you decide everything you want to use the credits for and book all the spa visits and trips in one hit to avoid wasting too much time doing it. Overall the food was pretty good and there is enough variety to allow you to eat different foods every day. Some of our party did get stomach upsets though, but that is par for the course when you are in countries like that, and most of us were fine, apart from headaches and hangovers from too much alcohol and not enough sleep because we were having too much fun to go to bed!! All in all a very enjoyable stay - just try not to stay in a room where there is going to be a wedding held right outside it, or take good earplugs to muffle the noise. My son's wedding ended at 10am, and I had thought that was the norm, but obviously not. I think the resort should not allow such loud music to be played all night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Playacar Palace, a trendy beachfront resort located steps away from Playa del Carmen's famous 5th Avenue and the Cozumel Ferry Dock. Our all-inclusive, luxury resort features 201 appointed rooms, 3 restaurants and 4 bars. This resort is considered the perfect spot to relax during the day and enjoy the nightlife and charms of "Playa" at night. Playacar Palace is perfect for families, couples, and group getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your Playacar Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Playacar Palace Hotel Playa Del Carmen
- Playacar Palace Mexico
- Playacar Palace Resort
- Playacar Palace Riviera Maya/Playa Del Carmen, Mexico